C band lnb through a diseq?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schlever

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Regina, SK
It nice out, so I thought I strap a c-band lnb onto my 36" for fun (yes I know its not going to get much ;))

Just a quick question, can it be plugged in through a disceq and should 22K be on?

Yes, it can be run through a Diseqc Switch. Set the receiver Menu's for the diseqc port you connect it to. No need for 22KHz On, unless you run it through a 22KHz Switch.

Got the C-band to work on analog, now to fine tune and see if I can make stuff clearer, buts its too cold out ;)

Impressive. Which C-band LNB did you hook up to that little dish?

We have several members running 'em on 4 foot dishes, and getting some surprising results. ;)

We should make your our poster boy for successful Ku-band results in Canada.
You came from zero to very good results in no time, and posted some amazing pictures of your dish, too.
Good call on using one as your avatar. It helps me remember who you are!

Thanks for the compliment Anole, but I'm sure there are plenty of more seasoned FTAer's up here .....

As for the LNB, I'm using a BSC421, mounted on a homemade mount to the left side of my standard LNB. The picture quality was lightly snowy, and I played a bit with the LNB skew and lost the signal, it was getting too cold and late to move it back. I may head out there on the weekend as its supposed to be nicer weather wise and see if I can tweak it better.

Couldn't get a lock on any DVB transponder, and on some sats was getting bleedover, which I was expecting. Hey if I can get one or two more channels to watch, the $30 bucks for the LNB was worth it ;)

C-Band on a SIDE MOUNTED LNB (not optimally positioned in the center)???

On a 90CM dish??? That far up north!

Very impressive indeed :D When you have it tuned, please post more pictures!

C-Band on a SIDE MOUNTED LNB (not optimally positioned in the center)???

On a 90CM dish??? That far up north!

Very impressive indeed :D When you have it tuned, please post more pictures!

I will. I was playing with USALS last night and was able to get 101 analog 16 in pretty clear. Ran a blind scan and picked up a transponder, but it was only coming in at 10% so it wouldn't lock. When it warms up I'll lug the recievers out to the dish and see what I can do :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts