c-band lnbf issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I have a 8.5 foot sami big dish (mesh) it's new. I was using the asc-421 c-band lnbf (13 degree). shortly after buying it the vertical output failed. It would only receive horizontal signals. I checked coax voltage and it was correct even under load.

I purchased an astrotel 20 degree c-band lnbf which came with a new scaler ring. I installed it, aligned focal point and focal depth. fine tuned skew.

on my fortec ultra a couple of my old signal quality levels are as follows as compared with the new signal quality levels with the astrotel.

G-10R (c-band) outdoor channel -4182H asc-421=83% astrotel=75-90%

amc-7 (c-band) alaska Mux - (can't remeber tp freq)H 49% solid no fluctuations.

The astrotel has a lot of fluctuation up and down on quality where as the asc-421 was rock solid for the most part.

Is this a difference in dro stability, noise temp, or my error? :)

Thanks trucker

When my Pansat arrives I'll be able to post a comparison of the ASC421 vs the Norsat 8115. The ASC421 is 13° vs the Norsat at 15° but I expect the stability of the Norsat to be a big factor.

For fun I'll probably also compare the numbers with the CalAmp LNBs that are currently on my C/Ku feedhorn.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts