Please reply by conversation.

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
Options to receive both linear and circular C-Band off the same dish

As there's already a KU band LNBF that does both linear and circular out there (i.e. Invacom), would it be possible to have a C-band LNBF designed that does both linear and circular as well? Some of my Portuguese customers would like to receive both linear and circular c-band satellites (I.e. NSS 806, etc...) using a modern FTA receiver. As the dish is pretty high off the ground, swapping a dielectric plate to switch from linear to circular and vice versa is not an option.

Other options to consider:

- Could the dielectric plate be modified to still allow linear signals to be received?

- Anyone here try to mount 2 C-Band LNBF's using one of those dual scalar rings? One for linear and the other one for circular.

Regards,

PwrSurge
Dr. Sat

Last edited:
Here's some good reading material for ya:
C-band Linear/Circular Orthomode Feed Modification

I suppose you might want to use two LNBFs like the C2 or DMX242, to make a low cost version.
Of course, it would have lower performance (which might be just fine).

Don't think you'll have a manufacturer build up a single dual-mode unit, due to the small market.

No reason to pay a lot of money for dual scalar, when you can make your own.
If you really needed a bunch of 'em, how about a band saw and some epoxy? :)

Astrotel in California made a LNBF that will do both linear and circular at the same time with out swapping the dielectric plate. All the other LNBF that are being sold now you have to remove the dielectric plate to get linear sats

Astrotel in California made a LNBF that will do both linear and circular at the same time with out swapping the dielectric plate. All the other LNBF that are being sold now you have to remove the dielectric plate to get linear sats

Is there anyone still selling these Astrotel LNBF's? I checked the Astrotel website and it appears that they are not producing satellite related products anymore but rather CCTV security products.

Try calling Ralf at Astrotel he may have some LNBFs laying around, Or ebay

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)