DSR922 channel count change yesterday

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I noticed last night that my 922 channel count dropped from 4900 something to 4669. Mine only stays on W5 and never maps from anywhere else. Curious what changed. Anyone else notice anything?

I think Motorola is starting to mess with us by unmapping stuff. Best to stay out of the data stream until after shutdown. Been out of it for 3 weeks now.

Funny thing. My channel count went up from 4500 to 4900+ channels. My current sub is up 10/2010. :confused:

Mine says 4656. But I just noticed my TDT is now 1920. :eek: Do I dare do a master reset now?

I think your still okay to do a MR right now. I show 4829, did a soft reboot on mine today and been sitting on Nebraska PBS all day, hit counter is at 0, my TDT is 1749.

I think you are right. I should do it now before there are no more maps. I no longer have ku connected to the 4dtv, so that should keep the TDT from going to 1920 again. Even though I didn't have the Shaw Direct satellites programmed in the 4dtv, I think each time I moved the dish while on ku past Anik F1R and Anik F2, it added a few channels to the maps and increased the TDT.

I think you are right. I should do it now before there are no more maps. I no longer have ku connected to the 4dtv, so that should keep the TDT from going to 1920 again. Even though I didn't have the Shaw Direct satellites programmed in the 4dtv, I think each time I moved the dish while on ku past Anik F1R and Anik F2, it added a few channels to the maps and increased the TDT.

Ya one of the tricks with using ku with the 4D was to pass Anik in C band mode.

The MR is probably 100% safe today, can't say about next week, or month though so if your going to do it get cracking. :)

Master reset is complete.
Channel count is now 4774.
TDT is 1750.
Clock has been reset to GMT.
I'll see if I still get hits and the time corrects itself.
I'm not subscribed to any services any more.

Master reset is complete.
Channel count is now 4774.
TDT is 1750.
Clock has been reset to GMT.
I'll see if I still get hits and the time corrects itself.
I'm not subscribed to any services any more.
Mine's been un-subbed since January.
G1-3 still sets the time and I still get hits.
Your time should correct itself.

I got a hit and the time is now correct. My last subscription ended in March 2009. It was through SPS Satellite Programming Service which is now out of business.
I just got mail advertising a DSR 922 upgrade. Just $549 plus tax with a 920 trade-in. Limited time only.:eek: How old is this message?
My channel count now says 4641.

I got a hit and the time is now correct. My last subscription ended in March 2009. It was through SPS Satellite Programming Service which is now out of business.
I just got mail advertising a DSR 922 upgrade. Just $549 plus tax with a 920 trade-in. Limited time only.:eek: How old is this message?
SPS is who I had, too. And that same DSR-922 upgrade message is STILL on my 920! :eek:

I got the same mail recently after a master reset. I think $549 is a bit steep for a soon to be obsolete receiver- the nerve of Motorola LMAO!! I think mine had an expiry of 2001. Funny thing is offer is for a 922, and thats what I already own. Guess Motorola didn't know what the hell they were doing from day 1 when they bought out General Instruments. Friggin morons.

My 922 shows a channel count of 4973
The 920 shows a channel count of 4824
The 921 shows a channel count of 4641
This is by pressing "options" 6-5
The diagnostic screen "G" shows different numbers there.
This is the recent count on each receiver as of today (7-17-2010)
* The channel count on the 921 jumped to 4810 somewhere between W5 and P9. When going back to sat G0 the counts drop by 5 on all receivers but this is due to 5 channels being added on the W5 data stream. The 921 acted strangely on P9 but this may have been due to channel map changes going on. (I did not expect this to happen on that satellite so I was not watching for it at the time.) The channel count on the 922 was at 4978 on W5 and this did not change on P9 but this may be due to using the 922 on P9 before.
The 921 was slaved to the 922 during this entire time.
I also noticed that the 921 while still showing the monthly code(key) at E6E7 still picked up the guide info on G1-03.
For those not knowing the code, E6E7 is a 5-7 year old code the current monthly key in the 922 is at 302F.
The 921 (Star Choice) receiver I have has not been authorized for many years now, and was just pulled out of a closet to see if it would pick up channel changes and guide info. It picked up all the FP & ZK channels out there I ran across today.

I guess it would be smart to put the 921 back in the closet till I'm sure all the map changes sent out by Motorola have stopped being transmitted so I do not lose any of the current data in it.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)