C-band LNBS strange problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jermaine

Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
Hi,

I am from Portugal and i have a 2,4m dish with dreambox 8000 receiver. I use my dish for C-band, and i have working the c-band lnb zinwell ZCF-DB21B. Everything is ok with this lnb.
I tried the BSC421 C-band lnb with a better performance but will a strange problem:

The signal is around 60% (perfect) but around 10 in 10 seconds the signal gets unlock and i have freezes on the image and then the lock comes again and everything fines. Example, on satellite find i have 60% of signal and lock - perfert, around 10 to 15 seconds the signal continue 60% but i have unlock and the image freezes, passed 1 or 2 seconds and is lock again.
This happens with model DMX741U C & KU LNB and model BSC421. With zinwell lnb no problem. Is the problem because zinwell is smaller than the DMS LNB's?

If you can help to solve this problem.

Thankshttp://www.satelliteguys.us/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1885331

Hi,

I am from Portugal and i have a 2,4m dish with dreambox 8000 receiver. I use my dish for C-band, and i have working the c-band lnb zinwell ZCF-DB21B. Everything is ok with this lnb.
I tried the BSC421 C-band lnb with a better performance but will a strange problem:

The signal is around 60% (perfect) but around 10 in 10 seconds the signal gets unlock and i have freezes on the image and then the lock comes again and everything fines. Example, on satellite find i have 60% of signal and lock - perfert, around 10 to 15 seconds the signal continue 60% but i have unlock and the image freezes, passed 1 or 2 seconds and is lock again.
This happens with model DMX741U C & KU LNB and model BSC421. With zinwell lnb no problem. Is the problem because zinwell is smaller than the DMS LNB's?

If you can help to solve this problem.

Thanks
Dear Sir,
You have not mentioned which satellite & frequency you have tuned.
If you will provide the above, some one will try to solve your problum

Hi,

It is all sats of C-Band and all the frequencies. Example: 55W Sat frequ: 3908 H 3255 Symbol 3/4

Thanks

Try powering the LNB with another receiver through a one port power pass splitter.

Sounds like the LNB may be drawing more power than the receiver can supply.

If the power supply overloads it will shut down then power up then shutdown again.

Worth checking as your symptoms are consistent with the problem I describe.

just try another receiver, this happened to me for Angola tv, it's breaking so slow but when i put other receiver it was fine. (fortec fortune , better for this channel ). where u located? in America???

bye bye good luck.

Hi,

Iam in Portugal. I will try another receiver, but dreambox 8000 is ideal for me, but i will try another.

Jermaine I have seen that same problem years ago, an my 1st thought was the lnb, but the lnb was fine.
the problem was the coax, the die-electric suck up water causing it to shut the receiver down after it was power up in about 15 seconds.
this is how I found it out, get a 2-way splitter, power passive on both ports, in port to lnb, out port to receiver, 2nd out port just use a jumper an have a volt meter hook up to that jumper. now do all of you're hook ups with the receiver power off, then power receiver up an watch the volt meter will spike up like 20-volts (on a horz channel) then start dropping, if it drops down low enought or has a large load receivers will norm shut down. then do the same thing with the lnb that doen't cause the receiver to shut down an I bet you will still se a major drop in voltage, even if the coax is un hook at the dish to NO lnb you should see the voltage remain at a steady voltage like 18.8 on power up, if its drops at all it is the coax.

can not beleive that 2 of different models lnb's that are causing the same problem, that it is a lnb problem would look at other thing 1st.

Might also check the dish for slop or play. In that situation a stiff wind or breeze could throw it off for a moment

But, if one lnb works good (zinwell, gardner), all smaller than the DMSI lnbs or others that are bigger than the zinwell or gardner, than something is wrong or missing to me for the DMSI LNB. maybe closer or not to the dish can solve this....very strange. I have a dreambox 8000, and do you think is possible that one kind of lnb is more compatible than others?

THanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts