C Band loss of frequencies

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
When will the C Band cut back to 4.0 GHz? Lyngsat still lists transmissions between 3.7-4.2 GHz?. Right now my C Band dish is out of alignment and I plan to re-align it this Summer. In recent years years I basically have used the Dish between 97-115 degrees. Mainly the S3/S1/G4 etc birds in the middle. Lately I have been streaming as most diginets are available OTA/DISH/Streaming. The only exceptions here are Decades & Movies.

Lots of signals in the 3.7-4 GHz range at this time. I suspect many will continue, depending on how much interference the ground stations have to deal with. No idea when/if satellite transmissions end in that band.

Reactions: mwdxer1
Lots of signals in the 3.7-4 GHz range at this time. I suspect many will continue, depending on how much interference the ground stations have to deal with. No idea when/if satellite transmissions end in that band.
Glad to hear that! Much appreciated for the info.

3.70-3.82 GHz is to be cleared in the top 50 economic areas of the United States by December 5, 2021. Initially, the Atlanta, Baltimore-Washington, and Denver areas are excepted from this requirement due to the important teleports located in those markets. Also, Honolulu is excepted altogether since the C-band reallocation doesn't apply outside of the contiguous US.

3.7-4.0 GHz is to be cleared in the entire CONUS by December 5, 2023. At that point, no satellite signals targeting the CONUS will be able to use 3.7-4.0 GHz. Virtually all registered ground stations will have had new LNBs and filters installed that won't let them receive signals in that range anyway, plus many of the C-band satellites located over the CONUS are going to be replaced with new satellites that only work in the 4.0-4.2 GHz range.

Keep in mind, these aren't hard deadlines, but the satellite operators will face financial penalties if they aren't able to meet these dates.

Reactions: Keith Brannen
Thanks. I wonder if the frequency range could be increased to like 4.5 GHZ to re-gain more spectrum? I have no idea what is on that part of the band though.

Looking for BUD installers (Chicago)

SpaceX Starship SN11 lost minutes after foggy launch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)