C Band loss of frequencies

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
When will the C Band cut back to 4.0 GHz? Lyngsat still lists transmissions between 3.7-4.2 GHz?. Right now my C Band dish is out of alignment and I plan to re-align it this Summer. In recent years years I basically have used the Dish between 97-115 degrees. Mainly the S3/S1/G4 etc birds in the middle. Lately I have been streaming as most diginets are available OTA/DISH/Streaming. The only exceptions here are Decades & Movies.

Lots of signals in the 3.7-4 GHz range at this time. I suspect many will continue, depending on how much interference the ground stations have to deal with. No idea when/if satellite transmissions end in that band.

Reactions: mwdxer1
Lots of signals in the 3.7-4 GHz range at this time. I suspect many will continue, depending on how much interference the ground stations have to deal with. No idea when/if satellite transmissions end in that band.
Glad to hear that! Much appreciated for the info.

3.70-3.82 GHz is to be cleared in the top 50 economic areas of the United States by December 5, 2021. Initially, the Atlanta, Baltimore-Washington, and Denver areas are excepted from this requirement due to the important teleports located in those markets. Also, Honolulu is excepted altogether since the C-band reallocation doesn't apply outside of the contiguous US.

3.7-4.0 GHz is to be cleared in the entire CONUS by December 5, 2023. At that point, no satellite signals targeting the CONUS will be able to use 3.7-4.0 GHz. Virtually all registered ground stations will have had new LNBs and filters installed that won't let them receive signals in that range anyway, plus many of the C-band satellites located over the CONUS are going to be replaced with new satellites that only work in the 4.0-4.2 GHz range.

Keep in mind, these aren't hard deadlines, but the satellite operators will face financial penalties if they aren't able to meet these dates.

Reactions: Keith Brannen
Thanks. I wonder if the frequency range could be increased to like 4.5 GHZ to re-gain more spectrum? I have no idea what is on that part of the band though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts