C-band Multiple questions C-band noob

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

arcangelnew

Original poster
Hi everybody,

First of all I'm happy to be a real FTA hobbyist and I found a lot of help reading all the posts here, I'm not a noob on the Ku fta side, but I had no experience with C-band, also I want to apologize for any grammatical error as english is not my first language,
now I got a C-band lnb with twin output and a conical scalar ring, I found it on a flea market and it looks like it works, and I had some questions.

The prime focus 1.8m (5 ft) dish will do the same quality/signal than a Offset 1.8m (5 ft) dish? I ask this because the offset dish is cheaper than the prime.

If I use a diseqc motor for my C-band lnb/dish, it will change the lnb skew while doing the movements like it does on the ku, or I need a specific device for this?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

The conical scalar is designed for an offset dish. The prime focus dish uses a flat scalar
:welcome to SatelliteGuys

yes, the motorized dish will track the arc, and "skews" as it moves across. But I don't know of an H-H motor that'd handle a 5' dish. Probably need to find a an old polar mount off a big dish, and fashion a way to fasten it on the polar mount. Then you can use a regular linear actuator motor.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses, now I have an idea of how to do it, Maybe using a 4 ft dish (1.2m) offset, i know I will get lower signal levels, but that's the biggest one I have right now, I know those H-H motors are able to move it, I think is better try and see before buying something useless, Thanks again for the help.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses, now I have an idea of how to do it, Maybe using a 4 ft dish (1.2m) offset, i know I will get lower signal levels, but that's the biggest one I have right now, I know those H-H motors are able to move it, I think is better try and see before buying something useless, Thanks again for the help.

Just remember you will only get the strong transponder on a 1.2m and you also get just enough where you will want to go bigger I played with the 1.2m c band idea and now have located a 7.5 ft bud to start playing with

I have a 5ft dish. I built a polar mount for it. It gets allot of cband but the 8psk stuff is hit and miss depending on the fec.

UDL

Maybe using a 4 ft dish (1.2m) offset, i know I will get lower signal levels, but that's the biggest one I have right now
Pictures? We Like Pictures! Many have experimented with a 1.2 on C band. A search of the forum for mini bud, minibud, 1.2 c band, should get some results to get an idea of what to expect..
As for a motor for it, think the new SG6100 is your best bet. gotcband.com has 'em.

Ok, I know all are waiting for the pictures, just give me a few days, as I only have one pole mount and I should need to relocate it, and about that polar mount, updatelee how did you make it? do you have any blueprints, pictures, etc? and about the size jmc, I know bigger is better for c-band, but unfortunately my house is small and I can't put a big dish on the roof, and my backyard is small too, but I will find the way, I hope this weekend will have enough time to try and take the pictures too. again thanks to all for the advises.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)