C Band on a small dish

aarona1983

Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Hi,

Wondering if it is possible to receive anything on SES 1 (MeTV, Decades, Heroes and Icons,etc) on a 1.2M dish? Lyngsat list these as regular DVB-S and not S2, is this still correct? My location is southeast Florida. Don't have access to put up a large C band dish :( Anybody have results on receiving other satellites too?

Thanks,

Yes you can and cannot. Metv no, Start tv yes, Decades yes, H and I yes, Movies no, you would have to be getting higher than 13 db. Movies was at 11db I could be wrong. You also west coast feeds to.

It's taken a while but I now have my 1.2-metre Ku dish installed. I can view 85W to 105W or so and 30W to 8W. It's working well on Ku. In 2019, what is the least expensive way but quality C-band LNB and conical scalar?
FTA 1_2 metre dish.jpg

Yes you can and cannot. Metv no, Start tv yes, Decades yes, H and I yes, Movies no, you would have to be getting higher than 13 db. Movies was at 11db I could be wrong. You also west coast feeds to.

I had no idea that C Band could be received on something that small. Even my 8.5 foot dish has its limits. Some weaker signals in MPEG4 are tough to get to lock. I get most but not all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)