c-band on small dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anole thank-you for the links. Unfortunately I live in Allegany county new york. All of the posts were to far from me. I see the titanium web page is under construction. I will keep my eye on this product.

It's well worth reading the thread on used BUDs to get a handle on what we recommend, and what value we place on 'em.
It's a learning experience; not all BUDs are created equal.
As for multiple lnbs on one dish, or multiple receivers, I would suggest getting some experience first.
Dual output lnbfs followed by a multi-switch is the general solution for multiple receivers.
Some members have posted results & pictures using two or three lnbfs for two/three satellites.
However, best results would be with a shallow dish, having a long focal length.
None of this knowledge will help you get your first C band signal, so it's not where I'd focus as a beginner. ;)
're: http://titaniumsatellite.com/index.html

When it comes to c band bigger is always going to be better, but don’t let that keep you from experimenting and enjoying the hobby. I have a motorized 1 meter that I use for both ku and as a mini bud.. I also have a 6ft that picks up way more than the mini bud ever would and I check the used dish link daily for a bigger dish. I think I could go up to an 8ft where I live. Even thou the mini bud doesn’t pick up as much there are times when I’m glad I have it for a second source for c band. If you were to get a lnb and scalar ring now you could start receiving some additional channels and would have the lnb to use as either the primary or backup when you step up to a bigger dish.

My intentions are to have multiple "extra" receivers on fixed lnbf"s only, and my living room "current receiver" to use everything. Why would I have to have a dual output? I thought that all I needed was another multi-switch and separate cable run? Actually as an alternative option was thinking that I could hook up to existing cable and set the other receivers to ignore or turn off the port on switch that is hooked to the lnbf on the motorized dish. Am I wrong thinking this? Will this not work for some reason?

A side note, I am definitely going to be doing some reading on the thread on used BUDs as well as the c-band lnbfs.

77ta Can I have a separate ku and c band lnbf aimed at the same satellite on all sats? My original thinking was a multi lnbf but that doesn't sound so good any more.
Also if I can, does that mean I could scan the same sat for c and ku at the same time?

I use the 1 meter for either ku or c band but not both at the same time. I usually switch to the mini bud when I know I’m going to need it. Such as when I want to record something on one sat while watching another or want to watch something on one while searching for something else. A good example would be I could watch a football game I know is coming on a specific channel on the mini bud while searching for a later game that will be a wildfeed.

Using a motor it is impossible to swing the arc with two separate lnbs and receive channels throughout with a side mounted lnb. But through experimentation I have been able to receive part of the arc on ku while using the mini bud. The only way I know of to receive c and ku on the same sat at the same time would be a c/ku combo lnb which I have no experience using on a mini bud.

The cost of trying things is low so I would just start experimenting and see what you can get with your system at your location..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)