C band on twirt

So, we'll need new LNBF's with much sharper filters. I wonder how much that's going to cost.

If I understand it correctly...

Just hope your not in/near one of the top 46 markets. Those folks will need a 3.8 filter first.... then a 4.0 filter later. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how far out those 5g signals can cause C Band interference?

Ok I have a few questions, if you don't have a 5g repeater like say like 5 miles near your dish, will it still have interference on your C band? Next the Upload signal for TP's 4 to 4.2 they haven't use a stronger Uplink signal correct? I am going to wait and see before I start replacing my LNB's I don't want to use the filter I rather but new LNB I am using a Bullseye II so I would have to get two LNB's.

Ok here is another thing remember Trump was pushing the 5'g, now that he is gone Biden might push this back a few years... So we might be looking at like 2-4 years, remember how many times in the Satellite world we have seen HURRY UP AND WAIT.. Just a thought

The next generation LNBFs are ready for manufacturing, but have been holding off until the auctions are completed and the interference begins. Likely to skip the red transitional series as I don't think that there will be a significant demand from the hobbyists. The <4000MHz filters extremely well with a hard cut filter approx. 75dB attenuation @ 20MHz band guard.

This is for filtering downlink frequencies, not uplink. Not sure what you mean by "use stronger uplink"?

Just hope your not in/near one of the top 46 markets. Those folks will need a 3.8 filter first.... then a 4.0 filter later.

That's correct. The satellite operators have to give up the 3700-3820 MHz range in the top 46 markets (technically, "partial economic areas" in FCC parlance) by December 5, 2021 and then have to give up the 3700-4000 MHz range in the full contiguous United States by December 5, 2023. The auction of C-band spectrum begins in three weeks (December 8th) with 57 qualified bidders.

Reactions: armadillo_115
Anything near line of sight will potentially cause interference. Now everyone will want their BUDs to be surrounded by a good stand of trees!

Heh, funny, my 3 BUDs are sitting right in the middle of a 10 acre wooded lot and there are two cell towers that are about 2 miles southeast of me. Only enough trees down to put the house and a yard on the south side of that house. And here I been thinking about cutting some more trees down??? Hummm, maybe not, hey!!

Just saying..................

A chain link fence would likely make a good filter too. Just has to be between your antenna and the offending cell tower.

All your neighbors 5G phones will be interfering too though, right?
To some extent but not likely as strong as the towers. Also not sure what the phone transmitter frequencies are for 5g, there will be a tx/rx offset with tx likely farther down in the spectrum. I know a few people in the telecom business up here, none really seem to know what the channels will be... or aren't saying for some reason. Then the channels up here might be different from the US, although the phones here need to work in the US and US phones need to work in Canada, that might be something they are still working on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)