C-Band Orthomode Feed and LNB question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
Hello and thanks for reading my post. I'm gonna be helping a Friend put up a BUD in a couple weeks. I'm gonna suggest that he use a Dual Feed and run two LNB's into a switch. That's what I have and I've been really happy with it. I noticed that the Norsat 8115's have been replaced with a newer model (5100 I think). Anyway, I just thought I'd ask if I should use the 5100's, or if there's something better that you might suggest.

If you run PLLs you will need more power to the LNBs than most STBs will provide. My 5320s consume 300ma each.

I'm running two 5150's with an ortho here with good results. Even though I have a powered wnc multi-switch available I have not installed it yet. It is running through a normal multiswitch and working off of 13 and 18 volts. I haven't had any trouble out of the vertical side even though it is only getting 13 volts. Vertical signals are just as good as the horizontal side getting 18 volts. This was suggested by the dealer it was bought from so I thought I would try it. Good luck if you are trying to find 8115's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)