C BAND PROGRAMMING? 4DTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
I have acquired a C Band dish (7.5FT) and been enjoying the free channels from 87W to 137W for awhile now. I have no DSR's yet, but plenty of other receivers.

I have been reading the threads here trying to figure out the programming choices and the stickies do not help me so far?

Can someone point me to a thread or discussion about multi-satellite programming and what I need and where to look? Can I get multi-sat paid programming? or is it gone the way of the model T?

I have read the 410 discussions and the 105W channels and that is not what I am looking for by itself. Can you get both 101W and 105W?

When you say "multi satellite" if you mean, can you still subscribe to HBO on G5, and WPIX on W3, etc... That has gone away, the only subscription left is on W5 at 105w and it is handled by Skyvison and Satellite Receivers Ltd. it is the HITS service from Comcast. No, you can't get the HITS feeds on 101W. 105 is all.

Thank you for the reply Bob. I am curious why they left no news stations on 105W except the Bloomberg which I already get FTA?

Well,those HITS feeds are intended for cable companies. So, the channel lineup is not really catered toward the TVRO market. For what ever reason, some of the channels such as HBO, ESPN, etc.. will not allow their feeds to be sold to the TVRO market even though they are uplinked via HITS.

Thanks again.

Do the large apartment complexes or hotels using C Band then have a standard subscription through someone else?

Yes, Hotels and large apartment complexes have made the switch to the pizza systems to keep the programming. I was servicing them for many years until the pizza dish companies took over the industry. If there is a big dish at a hotel or apartment complex, it's been converted or it's not in use.

Thanks to you OldsatDUDE! I wondered about that...

So can you subscribe to just the Encore channels w/o another package? I do miss my westerns...

...So can you subscribe to just the Encore channels w/o another package? I do miss my westerns...

Yes, you can. That's one thing neat about X4. If it's priced separate, it can be purchased all by its self.

Cheers

Edit: Check out the Starz/Encore Pack. It's a little over $54 per quarter. That's a bunch of channels at a pretty fair price.

Skyvision Satellite Equipment

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)