Making an DMX 741 LNB work on 6FT dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tab2

Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
Using Omegasat DSB5700 IRD and DMX 741 Stander i know that the 741 has a 22KHz Switch in the LNB , what do i do to make it work like C/Ku (DiSEqC) setting if any? what about the 22Hz switch what do i do

Welcome to the site!!
On the DMX741 connect the jumper from the ku lnb(the orange at the end) to the port that says lnb. Then of course the other to your receiver. Set your settings so that the C-Band stuff is on port one in your DiSEqC setting and the Ku is port 2. Turn 22khz on.
I found it to work better using an external 4 port switch. I just ran a longer cable from the ku side to the ext. switch to port 2 on it(doesn't have to be on external one) and where it says to receiver, that will be your C-Band side, run that too port 1 of external switch. If you do this set up with external switch turn off 22K.

Let me add to that by saying if you go with the regular set up and use the switch built into the LNB, some receivers I have want the 22K on and some off. That receiver you have I had one but sold it and never used that part of it. If I still had it I would hook it up real quick and test. Hope this helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts