C-Band Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
I saw this posted on a local swap sheet - any ideas if this is a good deal?

4DTV receiver & satellite dish
8 Ft Unimesh dish & digital satellite receiver, $400 obo

4DTV is kinda high compared to analog and FTA. Check out 4DTVrocks.com for some more info. Yeah, there's a LOT to sub to. It's where all the major providers are moving here in NA. Check out callnps.com to see the pricing on the 4dtv packages. Whenever I get a C-band dish I'll probably get one. That's acutally a decent price for the dish and receiver, depending on whether the receiver is a DSR-920 or DSR-922.

4DTV is the digital counterpart to the old analog programming. Its mainly used for subscription programming (when the analog VCII stuff left analog lots of it migrated to 4DTV). It doesn’t use DVB, rather Digicipher II (DCII) encryption so it wouldn’t replace your existing box.

Most people buy (or upgrade from analog) to keep their current subscription because the picture is cleaner than Dish/Direct

If it comes with a newer 922 that says Motorola on the panel, then give him $350, if its a older 922 that says GI you will need to get a new battery so give him $300, if it is a 905 you will have a hassel of using two receivers plus a dvb so give him $250, if it's a 920 give him $200, if it's a 921 you will not be able to sub to usa programming so give him $150.

If the dish is C-band only try to get the price down a bit because you will want to upgrade the feed to a c/ku with lnb's.

Hiding it hmm, put it up and plant a tree a few feet behind it :)
Good Luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)