C-Band Reception on 90cm Fortec Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

delsat

Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Hi. Well, I thought I found someone here with a 90-120cm dish and they had fixed a C-band lnb on it and they said they were getting at least a few C-Band stations (although these dishes are smaller than the standard 6-8ft standard that is generally accepted as "required").

Anyway, I finally got my C-Band LNBF (I have one C-Band and one C/Ku band LNBF) and I'm testing it with my 90 cm Fortec dish. For instance, I'm watching Cubavision with my regular ku-band LNBF, and then I switch it for the C/Ku band LNBF and I try different locations and distances from the dish.

However, I just don't get any signals.

Anyway, it would be nice if I had several photo views of someone who had really done it so I can verify if I can do mine in a similar way.

Okay, that's all on this one.

Bye,

-Delsat

Last edited:
I've played around a slight bit with c-band on my 90cm digiwave and managed to pick up some analog channels but have never been able to get anything digital. Read the recent posts by Satcom1 and Linuxman about thier recent adventures using a 1 meter dish for c-band. I'm thinking I will try again when I have some extra time, and probably will do what Satcom1 has done with modding the scalar ring to fit closer to my KU lnb.

I've played around a slight bit with c-band on my 90cm digiwave and managed to pick up some analog channels but have never been able to get anything digital. Read the recent posts by Satcom1 and Linuxman about thier recent adventures using a 1 meter dish for c-band. I'm thinking I will try again when I have some extra time, and probably will do what Satcom1 has done with modding the scalar ring to fit closer to my KU lnb.

That will be me my next test for the 1M/E P*. I am really at a disadvantage because I don't have additional Scalar rings to modify or a 1Meter Offset P*.
I would guess that I could get C-Band reception on my Winegard 76cm dish because those signals are so very strong on HITN and the The Word.

Hi. Well, I thought I found someone here with a 90-120cm dish and they had fixed a C-band lnb on it and they said they were getting at least a few C-Band stations (although these dishes are smaller than the standard 6-8ft standard that is generally accepted as "required"). -Delsat

Delsat .......... You sound like one of my Satbuddies from AZ , glad you're here.

If I remember correctly from a previous discussion on getting C-band on a Offset Dish that is peaked on the Ku side of a C/Ku Bird , I think Iceberg or someone else mentioned having to adjust the Dish elevation a tad higher for the C-band signal.

If I wasn't working so much and could get a couple of weeks off I'd be off to the Southwest to pay you a visit and try to get your BIG Fortec dish working .:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts