c band satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glenner

Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
toronto
have old c band system....is it worth putting it up? is there anything out there anymore?
thx in advance....

welcome :wave
I moved your post to the free to air section where you'll get better answers

As to the question "is there anything out there" the answer is simple....YES
Depending on the equipment you currently have you may need to upgrade the receiver. Most everything now is digital (use to be analog) so a simple free to air receiver can be had for under $50 and can be used.

I wont post a bunch of info right now because we dont know what you currently have equipment wise and I dont want to give a bunch of info that may not be relevant. If you could post pics of the equipment or at least list it, that would help immensely. The equipment needed would depend on what you currently have or want

Me...I've got 2 C-Band dishes and its worth it :)

have old c band system....is it worth putting it up? is there anything out there anymore?
thx in advance....

NO whatever you do, don't fool with it. In fact you need to remove it from your property, and as far as that goes, remove it from your country. Load the dish & other stuff up into a rental van, fill all the available empty space up with Moosehead or Molson's and drive it down to South Carolina. Once you're here, the big dish AND amber fluids can be properly processed by experts in this sort of disposal. :)

C-band isn't the subscription 24/7 channels much anymore, but certainly more FTA programming is available on C-band than at any other point that I have seen in 30+ years!

I agree billyboy. Having the dish already is a great reason to put it in use again
Ice I have all my old buds (no pun intended) that were into the satellite systems back in the day out looking for some of the dishes that we installed. In fact a good friend of mine knew I had been looking and called me on one. It turned out that the dish was one of our old perfs. I gave him a hundred bucks for it and he even delivered it. I was blown away when I looked down my street and saw them coming with it and was even more astounded to find out it was one of ours. The paint is awful on it but since it's aluminun, It's still in perfect condition. I gave it to my next door neighbor and we are going to set it up for him.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)