C Band scan problems on SS 1 CI and SS HD CI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RobotNZ1

Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Hi all,

I've been suggested to here from UK forum - as they apparently don't use c band there. (C Band scan problems on SS 1 CI and SS HD CI - AVForums)

Does anybody know if SS 1 CI and SS HD CI support C Band?

I have tried both and the SS HD software refuses to accept a 5150mhz lnb setting - with error stating its not between 10750 - 12750. So the card shows no signal for c band when a good signal is found via spectrum analyser and sent to the card.

The SS1 CI will accept a 5150mhz lnb setting and will show a quality level on its meter, but searching will not lock or find any transponders or channels. When viewing the search/scan window, the software is seen to hover on the trasponder settings but cannot pull any details off them or lock - then it moves to the next transponder setting and does the same, finishing off with a blank screen.

I have searched google well and could only find c band similar problems with PCI card overcome here:
Home

It seems to me that the SS HD with its Tv Centre S/W definitely doesn't support C Band.

The SS1 CI appears to have C Band potential, due to allowing the 5150 lnb setting, but why can it not find a channel on a strong signal?

If this problem is known, are there any patches to allow these cards to access C Band? ie like the hauppauge Nexus on the link. Also, alternatively, are there other drivers or PVR programs that have better C Band ability for these cards??

I am at a loss here, google searches see to turn up nothing relevant to Technisat cards. I was previously of the view that all DVB-S sat cards supported C Band - this is clearly not the case.

All help welcome - I will change cards and do whatever to get my 2.3metre paraclypse dish afloat on C Band - here in New Zealand. channel I am after is 3599 v 30000 on Telstar 18 - I Sky Net 138East, 32.5 elevation 289.4 deg from magnetic north - for Auckland NZ.

Does anyone know of a great card for c band scanning and reception?? I'm also needing a CI slot for the Max4xxx channel decryption??? Perhaps the HD Ci module will work on another more C Band supporting PCI card??

cheers :)

You are in the right forum for C-band questions, but ya might have more luck over in the:
* Free to Air PC DVB Discussion

Some of the equipment you mentioned may be a bit unfamiliar to us in North America, so a clearer description wouldn't hurt.
For instance, there is virtually no TV available to PC users with subscription cards over here.

And as much as I'd like to keep you here and share war stories, it's possible ya might get better help on the Vetrun forum.
It's located in Australia, so they might be more familiar with the particulars of your plight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts