C-Band SET up Recommendations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alarroyo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Just finished setting up my first FTA system (KU Only). I like it and after seeing what I can get on C-Band I want one. I have a Omegasat5701 receiver. Now I would like to set up a 6 footer to get C-Band (It will be dual). Do I need to get another receiver??? Can I use the existing one. What is recommended? Loking into getting a WS1870P.

If you are going to get in to C-Band i recommend that you get a larger dish like 7.5 footer, The Omegasat5701 receiver will work fine with both c/ku dishes

I know how you feel!I started out with a 36" motorized ku system and it wasn't long before i had to get the c-band.I believe the ws1870p is the ws international special! cheap price and many here have bought one with good results.If you live in a area that has a habit of having alot of very high winds i would get a higher quality dish.A 6 footer when set up correctly will get you alot of what the c-band can offer but not all.Bigger will help with some of the low powered tps and some S2 signals.To cover max amount of the arc i would get a 24" actuator.I don't think the 5701 will power the actuator so you will need a V or G box.I use ribbon cable to connect from the receiver/v-box,actuator and LNB but at 1$ plus a foot you can use Rg6u with some cheaper multi wire cable.If your planning on using this new dish just for the c-band there are a few good single band LNB's you can get from the gold sponsors.If you want to do both ku and c on this dish the DMX 741 is a good choice.Your present receiver will work on getting both ku and c from a satellite but dont know if you can get s2 signals and most likely no 4.2.2 transmissions.See my signature for my 6 footer setup. Stan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)