C-band success!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
My $20 investment turned into about a $300 project after I bought the pole, lnb (2 because I broke one :mad: ), 4DTV receiver, and cable.

Anyway, I now have digital and analog FTA C-band. I figured out how the Janiel H to H motor worked, and I set the elevation and declination tonight, and BAM! DIGITAL C-BAND from my 10 ft BUD.

I'm using the 4DTV to move the dish. I plan to add an AB switch so that I can go from the 4DTV receiver to my FTA box.

I'm in the process of matching the 4DTV sat chart to my Fortec FTA box. This will help when I want to move to a specific satellite.

Congrats!

Have you though about adding a dual LNB for the Cband? May be easier to run it directly to your fortec than slaving off the 4DTV box (so you are not stuck with the same polarity as the 4DTV and can watch both at the same time)

EDIT: WHO HOO! 100 posts :)

rjc3895 said:
My $20 investment turned into about a $300 project after I bought the pole, lnb (2 because I broke one :mad: ), 4DTV receiver, and cable.

Anyway, I now have digital and analog FTA C-band. I figured out how the Janiel H to H motor worked, and I set the elevation and declination tonight, and BAM! DIGITAL C-BAND from my 10 ft BUD.

I'm using the 4DTV to move the dish. I plan to add an AB switch so that I can go from the 4DTV receiver to my FTA box.

I'm in the process of matching the 4DTV sat chart to my Fortec FTA box. This will help when I want to move to a specific satellite.

Congrats !

Instead of an A - B switch , get a splitter that passed DC on one port ( 4DTV receiver ) & blocks it on the other ( Fortec ) .

Wyr

Thanks for the suggestions.

WyrTwister - Your avatar icon is a photo of my 10ft BUD! It looks identical to what I installed. I'l post photos soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)