C-Band system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beartoothbears

Original poster
May 1, 2008
western,n.y.
Hello,I am new to this site because I am in the market to start looking for a FTA system.When I bought my house over 5 years ago it came with a Innovation 650i and dish that worked.Since then the dish was stolen and I still have the reciever,remote user's manual and flash remote.Are these units good anymore as I have no use for itIf anyone is interested in the reciever or can give me any advise on what FTA system is best please let me know.Thanks,Bear

analog receiver's use is getting less and less everyday as the world is converting to digital.
The analog box would have been good for moving the dish and controlling the feedhorn polarity.

C band is very much alive and well. Your dish was the most important thing with it's feed horn and lnb's.

A cheap free to air receiver slaved to the system would get some fta programming.
Now that your dish is gone, You need another dish.
I would recommend finding an unused solid or mesh dish around your neighborhood and re installing it at your house.

There are new options too. Sadoun sells a cheap polar mount c/ku dish that is shippable by UPS.

Read up on the forums and you will learn a lot about free to air and satellite.
Good luck and welcome to satelliteguys.us.

If the pipe is in place get a new dish, keep the receiver and slave a dvb receiver to it, you can even get 4dtv if you want some subscription services the 4dtv will replace the old analog receiver.

Thanks for the info people. The Dish was stolen because I live way out in the country and I go to Florida for 5 months in the winter. I guess it was stolen to sell for scrap as the price of scrap is so high now people are even stealing Catylic converters off new cars on the car lots.Thanks again for the info,Bear

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts