truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Ok,
This has been discussed before but here goes:
You will see my equipment in my sig. I cannot lock the G3-C equity mux with my
10' dish. It is not warped, it is in the best alignment I can get, f/d dead on, focal point dead on, ku performance is king with the corotor II.

My 7.5' dish with an old astrotel "precision" 20degree lnbf is locking G3-c equity with absolutely no pixelation at 74% quality on a fortec ultra lifetime with an excessively long cable run of RG-6 copper clad el-cheapo crappy coax.

My 10' connected to my pansat 9200HD is showing a quality of 72-73% but no lock. No video or audio using a DMS international 13 degree cheap lnb (bsc-211)

Please post your lnb specs, receiver, dish size, quality level on G3-C equity mux.

I am going to order a Norsat 8515 tomorrow. this is all I can think of to do.

7.5' Perfect 10 dish, SatelliteAv Dual C-band LNB, Coolsat 5000 receiver, my SQ hovers around 90 quality here in South Louisiana, on that mux.

Your problem sounds absolutely maddening. I hope you get it sorted. :up

12 foot Unimesh, 40 degree California Amplifier commercial LNB (from 1989), National ADL RP1-C feedhorn, Pansat 2700. Quality 83.

I expected no problems with this mux. I know it will disappear sometime as rumor has it to be replaced with an S-2 signal.

I know if I can get this one tuned in.....I should get about anything. I am trying to blame the lnb for not being stable enough. I have no way to test that theory.

6 foot Fortec Dish
SatAv dual C-band LNBF
numerous receivers (Coolsat 8000, Pansat 1500, Coolsat 5000, Pansat 9200)

Pansat 9200-74 to 75
Coolsat 5000-75 to 77
Coolsat 8000-99 (yeah the meter sucks on the 8000)
Pansat 1500-68 to 75

all stable..this is the dish I pull out in front of the garage (the one that DIDNT fall off the table) :)

Now when I have that one on the table on the deck I can only max 65-75 and once in a while pixelation. The thing I noticed is the CS8000 seems to "hold" the signal better than the 5000 does

Here's my 2 cents worth. Have you tried the lnbf from the 7.5' dish on the 10' dish? Also, what is the mesh density (closest, weave, tightness, coverage, whatever you call it) between the 7.5' and the 10'? The tighter the mesh, the more reflective surface you have for the signal to reach the feedhorn. The looser the mesh, the more satellite signal going through the dish and not to the feedhorn. A 32nd of an inch at each mesh opening can add up to lots of signal not reaching the receiver. Just a thought. Good luck.

The 9200 has a crappy tuner, try swapping receivers, you will need a quality of 76 or low 80's to not have issues on the Pansat 9200, well I don't have one but I have read about it.

Not sure if the new lnb will do much, the SR is pretty normal, if you really want a lnb to tune in more raw news feeds and events in specific locations get the 8115 or a pll type lnb.

Last edited:
I have never had a dish or lnb problem on this 7/8 mux. Some receivers might have a harder time locking it. The diamond so far is the best at it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)