C-Band Worth it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can get 4 years of Dishes Welcome Pack for that price and more than 3 channels. No not C-band, but if I wanted subscription channels.

There are plenty of free channels on C band and lots of feeds...why would anyone want to subscribe?

C band will always be around in one form or another and enthusiasts will continue to keep the hobby alive!

IMHO C-Band is definitely worth it. It just boils down to what you want to get out of it I guess. I think the most helpful thing would be to hook up with someone that could give you a demo. Then you could see first hand what's available then decide if it was worth your effort or not. I watch mine every night. Good Luck!

Whether it's worth it or not depends on you. If you want something that you can depend on that your Wife and kids can operate as well then maybe Cband isn't for you. On the other hand, if you are an endless tinkerer like most here then this hobby could be for you. There's almost nothing quite like locking your first satellite and then scanning in your first channels. Not quite as good as getting laid but very rewarding just the same. After all, not every Tom, Dick or Harry can setup equipment and receive stuff from a satellite that's 23,000 miles up in space.

I've got 3 10ft dishes up and running at the moment plus 19 local channels OTA and there's NO pay TV at my house!! I've NEVER had a sub to either Dish or Direct and don't ever plan to. I watch almost all the football and baseball I want and there's plenty of news channels and other programming that is free as well. There's not a day that goes by that I don't watch something on my BUD systems.

Keep in mind though, your mileage may vary and things that are brown and runny may not be gravy! :oldwink

Happy scanning!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts