c band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

metal head

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
The Rock
What would be a good c band lnb to get that would work on a 4 ft dish, and do anybody know if it would work anygood in newfoundland. What would be the best satellite to hit. Thanks for any help.

You might also want to see this

Galaxy 17 at 91.0°W - LyngSat Maps

Because you are farther north, I bigger dish may be in order. This is an example for Galaxy 17 for C-Band. Notice the EIRP says 38.6 for Newfoundland which would be a dish between 115 and 160 cm. Thus I would think a 4 footer might be a bit small because 160 cm is about 5.2 feet.

This is just an example, but if you can go bigger - - - - 6 foot or larger you will be able to pull in more of what is up there.

I wouldn't waste your time or money... I live around Vancouver BC and tried out the "mini bud" but ultimately it became a source of frustration. One day I could lock on a signal, next day nothing. And that was on 91W with stronger powered TPs than most other satellites. Forget even trying to get any High Def.
I was also using the "conical scalar ring" which is absolutely necessary with a 1 or 1.2m dish. Newfoundland is about the same latitude as where I am so I'd say you would more than likely get similar results to what I had. I was using a BSC421 LNB on the 1.2m dish but then moved to a 7.5' and have not looked back.
If you want to try on a 1.2m dish I have a conical scalar ring for sale :rolleyes:

What would be a good c band lnb to get that would work on a 4 ft dish, and do anybody know if it would work anygood in newfoundland. What would be the best satellite to hit. Thanks for any help.

I agree with both the two posters,
#1 I also wouldn't use a C/Ku, I would just stick with C on a mini.
#2 They are a toy, so don't expect much. I would at least look in to a 10' where you are

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts