c-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wuffie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2015
monroe mich
Is there anybody in s.e mich or northwest ohio that works on these and can set up fta system. I'm not a hobbiest , I just want get this thing up and running.

Is there anybody in s.e mich or northwest ohio that works on these and can set up fta system. I'm not a hobbiest , I just want get this thing up and running.
Have you tried ftainstall.com
A quick check showed 28 results for your location. Many of these list that they do FTA installs. :)

I did do that, everyone I called doesn't do c-band , numbers out service or have moved out of the area. Thanks

Not inexpensive, but likely able to contract a professional technician to complete the install.
Satellite Installation

You might want to do a site survey first and hire local labor to install the post instead of hiring an expensive technician to dig a hole in the ground. Sometimes the trip costs or overnight per diem are as much as a day's work! As it takes several days or a week to set a pole then return to install, best to do the heavy and dirty work as much as possible. Probably a good idea to trench and lay in conduit or arrange to install coax and control cables with appropriate excess to reach the dish and receiver location.

Um... how bad do you want to get this thing up and running? Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, but are you willing to dig a hole and learn a few things? Or are you just wanting it to be a turnkey operation? (You will pay some bucks for a turnkey system.)

Um... how bad do you want to get this thing up and running? Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, but are you willing to dig a hole and learn a few things? Or are you just wanting it to be a turnkey operation? (You will pay some bucks for a turnkey system.)

I'm sorry, I should have explained I already have a c-band system in place. A 10 ft mesh dish, 4D dish mover, Manhattan FTA and the dish has a c/k feedhorn. The dish was used up until c-band went away. I can't get the correct travel on the dish. The more I play with it the worse it gets. I can lock on some satellites , but not the way its supposed to be. Can't seem to find my most south satellite. It was become very frustrating. I'm in Monroe, Mich. Thank you

I'm sorry, I should have explained I already have a c-band system in place. A 10 ft mesh dish, 4D dish mover, Manhattan FTA and the dish has a c/k feedhorn. The dish was used up until c-band went away. I can't get the correct travel on the dish. The more I play with it the worse it gets. I can lock on some satellites , but not the way its supposed to be. Can't seem to find my most south satellite. It was become very frustrating. I'm in Monroe, Mich. Thank you

Did you mess with the elevation and offset angles on the dish? If so, that could be your problem. Until those are right, it's not going to track the satellites. Since it was already in place, there wouldn't have been any reason to readjust them unless you were making fine adjustments to peak the signal level. The next thing you may want to look at is tree growth.

You may have trees or buildings blocking the satellites that weren't a problem before. Having the dish already in place is 2/3 the battle. Cables could be a problem too. You may want to consider a Titanium ASC1 dish mover. Not only does it move the dish, it will handle the polarotor as well if you decide to stay with it. When I first got into FTA, I used my old dish that hadn't been used in several years. Other than being a little too small, it worked quite well after I changed the cables and LNBF.

You can see what I'm running now in my profile picture. If you opt to use the Ku, it may take a bit of retuning and checking the feed to make sure it's as close as possible to perfectly centered. I'd check to see if the dish isn't warped as well. Just a suggestion. :)

Everything has been messed with. I did put a call into Casey at hypermegast hopefully he can help

Everything has been messed with. I did put a call into Casey at hypermegast hopefully he can help

I wondered if that was the case, but fortunately, it's not hard to remedy "IF" you have a digital protractor. Casey is a good guy. He's in Davison, Michigan, about 10 miles east of Flint. Not sure if he does service calls or not. I'd help you if I could, but I'm smack dab in the middle of West Virginia, and right now, I'm recovering from having the end of a toe taken off.

Diabetes is a bummer. Was you able to check to see if the trees grew up in front of the dish? Just curious.

Wuffle i am sort of close i am NE indiana but I have not worked on a dish mover yet. Mike kohl has a number you can call for support he is one of the best to call.

Since I am in AZ, I'm not sure "most South satellite" might mean. Most South is like Galaxy 25 to me (I think).
However, if it is referring to the high point of the arc, I would suggest it might be a declination issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts