Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishpointer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 10, 2005
Kansas
This weekend I dusted off my microBud that consists of a 1.2 m Channel Master dish and a BSC421 lnb. My dish is moved via a actuator and vbox hooked up to my coolsat 5000. I would also like to use the dish for ku reception and was wondering what the difference between the BSC621 & BSC 621-2 were. Which one should I get?

Thanks

the bsc 621-2 is universal and uses a Diseqc switch (if you are planning on using just on coax)

the bsc621 is a standard which uses a 22k to switch between c & ku (if using one coax).

so plan accordingly if you are inagrating into an existing system with switches or if you wire each coax then you won't have to worry about the switches

Bsc621

Does anyone know if this lnbf will work with a general instruments 450i receiver?

Welcome to the group :)

i'm currently using a GI 450i
do you mean does the receiver switch the polarity on the lnbf then yes

i set it to lnbf (switched) in the menu but only tested c band side not ku side
but it should work.... also i have two seperate coaxes run one for c band and one for ku. ( just don't have this one connected)

I suspect the GI 450 can't control the 22k switch (if planning on just one coax) ..... plus..... with the inputs on the back it requires seperate c & ku coax connections .

Thanks. I tried it like you said and it worked. I have found feeds on 4 different satellites(i'm just not sure which sats they are right now). I think I have a bad ribbon cable. I couldn't get anything until I ran a single co-ax cable from the receiver. I am really new at this , so I will try to find all the c-band sats before I run an extra cable to the ku side.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts