C3 and C4 on a 6 foot Fortec

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
You guys that are using 6 foot dishes (the Fortec would be nice) How well do you get C3 and C4. What type of quality do you get on those birds. The guy I put the 6 foot Fortec up for on W5 now is thinking of graduating to a motorized system with a 4DTV. I created a monster :eek: :D :up need some idea how well it will perform.

any specific channels?

I might as well leave the dish out in front of the garage today ;)
Been doing lots of testing

His Wifey wants the Food Network on C3 601 - 602 and the Travel Channel on C4-602. If you want to check those and give me a Q and EBNO reading it would be great :)

OK here goes...no quality meters, just ebno :)

random sampling of TP's...its easy when you slave the 905 to the Pansat...red light goes off ya know its a different TP :D

C4 (AMC10)
581 NW News +5.2
600 Discovery +7.5
651 Spanish Mux +10.4

C3 (AMC11)
102 Showtime Mux +4.6
600 HGTV +6.6 with a peak to 7.0 on 602
680 Catholic +6.0
700 BBC America +10.0

Not as bad as I thought considering it being on the far western arc for me and the numerous satellites bunched together.

hope this helps

Thank's Ice :up ... That sounds workable, I know it's not 15.0 :eek: like I get on some channels (actually I don't know what my EBNO is on those) But I think those numbers will work well. Do you know if Sadoun sells the polar mount alone for the Fortec? He can probably use a Moteck 18" standard duty jack. Gotta find a good 4DTV though. E bay is okay but you gotta be careful the ID's are intact.

I tried to push the LNB in closer but in alot of cases that didnt help. But you seem to have the magic power with maxing it out on W5 ;)

as for the polar mount, PM Sadoun. He might have one available. Ya never know

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)