C3 and C4 on a 6 foot Fortec

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
You guys that are using 6 foot dishes (the Fortec would be nice) How well do you get C3 and C4. What type of quality do you get on those birds. The guy I put the 6 foot Fortec up for on W5 now is thinking of graduating to a motorized system with a 4DTV. I created a monster :eek: :D :up need some idea how well it will perform.

any specific channels?

I might as well leave the dish out in front of the garage today ;)
Been doing lots of testing

His Wifey wants the Food Network on C3 601 - 602 and the Travel Channel on C4-602. If you want to check those and give me a Q and EBNO reading it would be great :)

OK here goes...no quality meters, just ebno :)

random sampling of TP's...its easy when you slave the 905 to the Pansat...red light goes off ya know its a different TP :D

C4 (AMC10)
581 NW News +5.2
600 Discovery +7.5
651 Spanish Mux +10.4

C3 (AMC11)
102 Showtime Mux +4.6
600 HGTV +6.6 with a peak to 7.0 on 602
680 Catholic +6.0
700 BBC America +10.0

Not as bad as I thought considering it being on the far western arc for me and the numerous satellites bunched together.

hope this helps

Thank's Ice :up ... That sounds workable, I know it's not 15.0 :eek: like I get on some channels (actually I don't know what my EBNO is on those) But I think those numbers will work well. Do you know if Sadoun sells the polar mount alone for the Fortec? He can probably use a Moteck 18" standard duty jack. Gotta find a good 4DTV though. E bay is okay but you gotta be careful the ID's are intact.

I tried to push the LNB in closer but in alot of cases that didnt help. But you seem to have the magic power with maxing it out on W5 ;)

as for the polar mount, PM Sadoun. He might have one available. Ya never know

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)