C31 can't playback from DVR other than the HR34/Genie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

unislick

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Anyone have any luck viewing content on clients from a networked DVR other than the HMC (e.g. HR24)? I can see them in the playlist of the clients (a step closer) and it attempts to play back, but I receive an error on every nonHMC recording saying something about no audio or video packets received from the server.

Anyone have any luck viewing content on clients from a networked DVR other than the HMC (e.g. HR24)? I can see them in the playlist of the clients (a step closer) and it attempts to play back, but I receive an error on every nonHMC recording saying something about no audio or video packets received from the server.
Have three other DVRs as well as the HR34 and all of them see each other, and can playback from each other also without any issues.
Are your DVRs networked using coax/DECA?

Are any of your DVRs clients/C31s? I can see content from my HR24 on my HR34 and vice versa....just cant on my clients.

I've only had my C31 for a few days. I have HR34 in living room and HR24 in bedroom. The C31 client can see recordings on both of the DVRs and I just tried playing back a recording from the HR24 and it played fine.

Are any of your DVRs clients/C31s? I can see content from my HR24 on my HR34 and vice versa....just cant on my clients.
Software update fix the problems of not seeing the 24 from the client, you should now be able to see and play all the content on the 24 .
If you can’t then you have one of the settings wrong or did not get the new version.
It works I use it every day.

Yes, I have a C31 and it sees content from the HR2x DVRs fine.
What software release do you have? What you are reporting was a problem with old software releases but was fixed some time ago.

Thanks Texasbrit for your help. I am running 0x5fd on my HR34. 1/9 version. Do you know if this version should have HR24 playback working from the C31s?

Thanks Texasbrit for your help. I am running 0x5fd on my HR34. 1/9 version. Do you know if this version should have HR24 playback working from the C31s?

It's the other HD DVR's that need the latest software which is 0x062C. You also née WHDVR service active on the account t.

Whole home is active as I can share across hr24 and hr34. Hr24 software version is 12/12 0x62c...too old?

Last edited:
Is the C31 the small non-recording receiver designed to go with the HR34? When I got my HR34 I wanted one of these but they wouldn't give me one. Are they no cost to an HR34 customer? Do they work well?

Is the C31 the small non-recording receiver designed to go with the HR34? When I got my HR34 I wanted one of these but they wouldn't give me one. Are they no cost to an HR34 customer? Do they work well?

Yes. The c31 is a client of the HR34. Basically just an extension of the HR34. They are considered a receiver and subject to upfront and monthly fees.

Anyone have any insight of the 12/12 software version on my HR24 should enable me to watch this content on my clients (c31)???

OK the hr24 has 0x62c
the hr34 has 0x5fd
the client c31 has 0x711
sharing is on on all three.

Thanks Powerhouse. I confirmed I have the same settings and software versions as you mentioned above.

Here is what I can do:
1. Playback HR34 recordings from HR24.
2. Playback HR24 recordings from HR34.
3. Playback HR34 recordings from C31s.

What I can't do:
1. Playback Hr24 recordings from C31.

I get the following error tried multiple recordings:

"Playback failed. No audio or video packets received from server".

Any suggestions?

ForumRunner_20130228_174722.png

Last edited:
Thanks Powerhouse. I confirmed I have the same settings and software versions as you mentioned above.

Here is what I can do:
1. Playback HR34 recordings from HR24.
2. Playback HR24 recordings from HR34.
3. Playback HR34 recordings from C31s.

What I can't do:
1. Playback Hr24 recordings from C31.

I get the following error tried multiple recordings:

"Playback failed. No audio or video packets received from server".

Any suggestions?

View attachment 85767
If you not tried a total reset try that first.
Unplug everything; plug in power inserter first then hr34 when it’s up do hr24 then the client.
Also how are you connected to the internet?
Where is you power inserter?

If you not tried a total reset try that first.
Unplug everything; plug in power inserter first then hr34 when it’s up do hr24 then the client.
Also how are you connected to the internet?
Where is you power inserter?

Thanks. I will try the reset tonight. I am not connected to the Internet because my router and the reciever or CCK don't play nice with one another. My power inserter is centrally located in basement...not near any one receiver. Does it matter where it is allocated?

Did full reset. Same error:
"playback failed. No video or audio packets received from the server"

Thoughts?

I remember reading that there was an issue with C31s playing from HR2x boxes. I think they have it working in some of the later software releases (HR34 software contains the C31 software), so you may have to wait until your HR34 gets an update in the near future.

I remember reading that there was an issue with C31s playing from HR2x boxes. I think they have it working in some of the later software releases (HR34 software contains the C31 software), so you may have to wait until your HR34 gets an update in the near future.
Thanks Jcrandall. Interesting that powerhouse1960, cparker, and texasbrit all say they can playback HR2X content from their C31s....wonder why they can and I can't?

Anyone else receive similar error as me and can't playback HR2X from clients?

go to the c31 Hold the select button for 20seconds and tell me what ip you have

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)