C31 can't playback from DVR other than the HR34/Genie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
go to the c31 Hold the select button for 20seconds and tell me what ip you have

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ip address dhcp: 0.0.0.0 (intentionally not connected to internet)

IP address autoip:169.254.12.219

Software: 0x711. All other device (including client) software match previously mentioned working units from other users in this thread.

check the ip of the 24
settings'info and test

more system info

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

192.168.1.61(static)

Pic below

ForumRunner_20130302_193710.png

I broke the last part of the conversation from the other C31 thread as I dont want folks to quote old posts ;)

Basically any post from the time unislick brought up the older thread on is posted here :)

You said that your internet was disconnected so it will not route .
Disclaimer precede at your own risk
settings, network setup,restore defaults,
then repeat network setup,do this on both the 24 and 34, then red button 31 . the ip should all be in same range .
It should work then

Please help me understand why I need Internet to playback HR24 recordings on my C31?

Last edited:
Please help me understand why I need Internet to playback HR24 recordings on my C31?
You do not need the internet
It does use the ip to talk to the Hr24 if you default the setting you will have the self assigned ip on all of you receive so they can communicate.
right now you have only a default address on your 31 and nothing in the static range that you have on the other two.
Why have a static on them if your not using it just use the coax only network your 34 and 24 can talk because you have the same static range of ip

Thanks, powerhouse. I don't fully understand why, but what I do know is that it now works!

Thanks for all your help.

I owe you one....or two :)

Think of it as your HR24 and C31 were on separate networks (not really, but the IP was configured that way).

Now that the IPs are setup the same way, it should work. You want all the receivers receiving IP config from the router, or none of the receivers receiving IP config from the router.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)