C31 / HR34 success over ethernet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Freakyshiat

Original poster
Sep 18, 2011
Houston
Just wanted to share this with the community in case anyone here wants to get directv in a room where there is no coaxial, but there is network jack. I have a CCK (not the wireless one) connected to my HR34. I removed the CCK, connected the HR34 directly via the Ethernet port. Have no issues with WHDVR or internet connectivity. Have two HR-34s, one HR-24, 3 H25's, all can connect to internet, access recorded shows. Even the two Hr34's can access each other's shows with no issues. Connected the C31 via coax to the CCK, then the ethernet port of the CCK is wired to the ethernet switch. C31 works flawlessly so far in this configuration, have not had any issues. Very happy that it just works.

How'd you manage to get 2 HR34's activated on your account? They only allow one...
I won't tell if you won't, but don't be surprised if a CSR says something if you need to call in due to a service issue or whatnot..

Essentially you're running the C31 in a ethernet un-supported MRV setup. I'm guessing there is no coax plugged into it?
The Ethernet to HR34 instead of CCK is a supported configuration for on-demand.

I'm curious if you have two HR34s too, they've been very firm on one genie per account.

WELCOME to Satelliteguys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts