C4 antenna, what kind of amp works with it?

reedlawrencej

Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Westerly, RI.
Hi guys,
I am currently running a clearstream4 C4 antenna. I wanted to know what kind of signal booster i can use with it.

OK, here is the situation:
I live in Westerly Rhode Island (it's the state to the right of Conneticut and below Mass) all broadcast towers are between 46 and 52 miles away. I can only recieve channels from hartford CT because of the land configuration, some of the channel signals are there, but on the border of the red,green line. the C4 is on my roof and i have a 50' run with coax cable to the digital box. is there anything that i can use to get the stations in?

Almost any pre-amp will work with the C4, but you need to run and post your TVFool report so we know which channels you receive and how strong they are.

We need this info so we can see what will work for you.

There are urban pre-amps and fringe pre-amps, which will best serve you needs more information.

OK. Your ION station (WPXQ) will probably cause you problems with a fringe pre-amp, but most of your stations are very weak.

The Winegard HDP-269 urban pre-amp only has gain of 12dB with noise level of 2dB so it will gain you 10dB at the output.

The first link in your chain of reception is the antenna and the C4 is clearly not enough antenna for your situation.

You have VHF high band stations and you have UHF low band channels and in order to get all four major networks you should look west.

I would recommend a Winegard YA-1713 or an Antennas Direct Y-10713 for VHF and a Winegard HD-8800 for VHF (much better on UHF low channels than the 91-XG) combined with a UVSJ (UHF/VHF splitter-joiner) and both pre-amped with a HDP-269.

With the antennas gain and the pre-amp you might even be able to pull in ABC WTNH-DT on CH10 - maybe.

If you feel lucky, try the CM7777 pre-amp and hope it does not overload because of the proximity of WPXQ-DT.

Give your C4 antenna with a preamp a try and see how it works before jumping out and buying something else. I've got a C4 with a CM 7777 amp that works fine and I am 60 miles out from the LA towers behind a set of hills, and I get reception on channels 7 thru the 50.

Do you have a fairly strong station less than 10 miles from you, if so, your CM7777 might be overloading too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts