C61K issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Using an external SWM power inserter is fine with the HR54, many of us use it particularly where we have more than one receiver (it prevents the other receivers going down if the Hr54 is rebooting) so that was not the problem. The splitter could remotely be part of the issue. You should be using the SWM "green label" splitter. But I am doubtful about that too. Still, if things are fixed that's good.

I have a tech coming out (same tech that installed my system 3 weeks ago) this afternoon regarding freeze frame issues as well as completely losing connection for up to 5 minutes. I can shut everything off, turn it back on and all is fine. Yesterday I just left it alone and after 5 minutes suddenly the picture came back on. He'll probably swap out the 61. Also on some recordings, but not all, I will see slight stutters in the picture. Once you see it you can't not see it.

The problem is not fixed. The sound still is messed up. The last ditch effort is Thursday when they are bringing all new equipment and doing a full rewire. If that doesn't work, the next tech will be from Dish.

The stutter and sound issues are known and annoying C61K issue. the connection problem posted by inazsully is not.
Go to dish if you want but they don't have any live 4K. And the RVU 4K connection does not seem to show the same problems as the C61K.
Other than making the customer feel they are trying, a tech visit and replacing all the equipment is a waste of time. the replacement C61K will show the same problems.

The stutter and sound issues are known and annoying C61K issue. the connection problem posted by inazsully is not.
Go to dish if you want but they don't have any live 4K. And the RVU 4K connection does not seem to show the same problems as the C61K.
Other than making the customer feel they are trying, a tech visit and replacing all the equipment is a waste of time. the replacement C61K will show the same problems.

What inazsully is reporting is exactly what would happen to my non-4K client. It would just lose connection to the Genie. I moved and had the same issue, now I have no client and a split HDMI connection for the bedroom TV. No issues that way.

I am having audio dropouts on my client as well. My samsung curved 65 4k tv has the rvu built in. Is that better to use that than the clients?

I am having audio dropouts on my client as well. My samsung curved 65 4k tv has the rvu built in. Is that better to use that than the clients?

It's about the same and does have occasional audio drops as well. 2015/2016 speed is comparable/better than the C61k. 2014 or earlier is much slower and not recommended.

I believe it is a software problem on the genie side or in the client software that is happening on both clients and RVU, but they sure haven't been fast to fix it.

Speed better on my KS8000 but I don't like:
- No screen fit picture size option
- I use 30skip and the RVU client doesn't allow you to stack skips.
- occasionally after doing a DVR function the audio gets tons of drops. Usually just doing a pause and then play corrects. Doesn't happen all the time.

If you can get a DECA adapter you can always just try doing an add client to replace your C61K to see if you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I initially had an RVU connection on a Samsung JS8500, which resulted in repeated audio stuttering. To mitigate this issue, a DirecTV tech inserted a client between the HR 54 and TV. That measure eliminated the stuttering – in marked contrast to experiences others have mentioned in this thread – but precipitated a dramatically more-irksome concern: on many occasions when I employ trick plays while viewing downloaded programs the screen goes black for several minutes of recording time. To date, DirecTV has been unable to rectify this matter, despite the fact it has resided with Engineering for more than six weeks (I am operating on the happy assumption it still is being addressed). Consequently, I now am compelled to watch almost-all shows directly from the HR 54, only using the client to access 4k programs.

The problem is not fixed. The sound still is messed up. The last ditch effort is Thursday when they are bringing all new equipment and doing a full rewire. If that doesn't work, the next tech will be from Dish.

Have you tried to get them to give you an H25 instead? They might be willing to do that rather than lose you as a customer. Just a thought. FWIW: I don't have this issue on my C61K

Right now there is only two ways to get 4K. Either an internal RVU or the buggy 61K. Rumor has it the next DVR, possibly called the HR17, will negate the need for the 61K plus incorporate double digit tuners.

My setup is a HR54 and I have two RVU Samsung 2016 sets. I have audio stuttering on live tv, but if I press the skip back button (the 5-7 second one) the problem goes away, so I only see it on live tv.

Are you seeing it on recorded programming as well?

My setup is a HR54 and I have two RVU Samsung 2016 sets. I have audio stuttering on live tv, but if I press the skip back button (the 5-7 second one) the problem goes away, so I only see it on live tv.

Are you seeing it on recorded programming as well?

If I remember correctly (it’s been a while since transitioning from RVU to the client on my 2015 Samsung), there almost certainly was audio stuttering when accessing downloaded shows because 90% of the programs I watch are recorded. Don’t know about 2016 Samsung TVs since the DirecTV installers set up my KS9500 with a client.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)