Cable card improved pic quality 2-99

vlj9r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Tampa Bay, Florida
Not sure why but after I had them install a cable card in my Sony KDSR60XBR1, my analog channels look a lot better than going thru the 8300HD. The 8300HD connects to the set thru HDMI. I even swap the lines going to the 8300HD and the TV set to rule out a bad cable and it made no difference.

Thru the 8300HD I was getting horizontal lines of noise across the screen(only on the analog range). With the cable card, I can't see them. So this improvement should hold me over until the TIVO3 comes out. Then I'll be a happy camper until FIOS hits Countryside.

TIVO is is the only thing I miss after leaving Dtv. I'm having TIVO dts.

I'm no expert by any means here, but from my experience, your TV does a much better job with the analog signals than digital set top boxes can(no matter what brand name). Especially if you are using a digital connection to your TV(ie HDMI or DVI). I live in ST Pete and use the 8300HD as well. I have it hooked up both through the coax connection and HDMI. I watch the analog channels(2-99) via the coax connection and the digital channels(100+) via HDMI. Sure, it's annoying to have to change inputs, but I get much better results. Plus, the BHN tech who installed my service recommended I hook it up that way. He said digital set top boxes don't do too good of a job converting analog signals to digital. He also said the same for component connections as well(even though they are an analog connection, component inputs are meant to have a digital source, so they have problems with analog channels as well.) Remember, this is just from my experience.

In Tampa the HD Channels clearly look better with CableCard in my Sony, then the 8300HD via HDMI which is clearly better looking than Component from the SA3250HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)