cable coax for HDTV receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bronzetree

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
asheboro nc
just moved into duplex apt. and getting service transferred this weekend .my question is the existing cable coax assuming RG-6 should i have a new coax run for sat receiver HDTV or just tie into existing cable coax and hope for the best im getting the free install so i know that includes 150ft of cable but will that include a wallfish install that is already existing.thanks for all your help.ps the old cable is approx.10 years old.

The wallfish will be custom work, get ready to pay the installer some extra cash. Have you spoken to the landlord about a satellite antenna on his property??

yes,he brought the letter of ok yesterday,just wondering if i can use thecoax that is already in the wall for cable tv which is not currently active.it's not even hooked to outside cable box

Pretty sure it's not rg6 if it's 10 years old. I would talk with the installation company about the custom work before anyone comes out. Also, make sure you have access to crawl or attic space if a wall fish is necessary. P.S. I charged for attic/crawl work when I installed so don't be suprised if the installer does this too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)