Cable Internet and DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sgt.Bilbo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
I'm a newbie at this, so bear with me. I currently live in an apartment complex and want to drop Comcast and get DirecTV. I currently have Comcast Cable internet and plan to keep that. I've read that DirecTV and Cable Internet do not play well together on the same wiring. Is there a way to have them work correctly on the same cable? I don't have access to the attic space so I can't run new cable for the satellite dish.

Is there a way for this to work, or am I stuck with Comcast forever?

Sgt.Bilbo said:
I'm a newbie at this, so bear with me. I currently live in an apartment complex and want to drop Comcast and get DirecTV. I currently have Comcast Cable internet and plan to keep that. I've read that DirecTV and Cable Internet do not play well together on the same wiring. Is there a way to have them work correctly on the same cable? I don't have access to the attic space so I can't run new cable for the satellite dish.

Is there a way for this to work, or am I stuck with Comcast forever?

I have successfully done this, I have Satellite / Digital cable & Cable modem running off of one line... I am using Diplexers bought at sears hardware, they are bigger and black.. not sure of the brand name but they work great!

Where do you install the Diplexers? The way it appears, my cable access is at another end of the building at the main junction box. Do the diplexers go at the junction box or can I cheat and install them in the wall near one of my cable jacks?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)