cable lenght from receiver to tv?

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
hello everyone, i wanted to know what is the maximun lenght of rg6 cable that i can run from the receiver to a tv? im in haiti and i wanted to allow my neighbor down the street access to soccer games.
thanks
jose

It should work.

Try to as much as possible keep it a single line. Ive never ran a backfeed over 100
feet but like I said it should be fine. If I am wrong someone will correct me.

I will worn you If this is Dishnetwork or Directv you have It is illegal.

Let us know the outcome.

I'm thinking the output will be at channel 3 or 4. With RG6 having a loss of 3 db/100 feet at those channels a low cost amplifier will be able to overcome the 500 foot loss. Even with no amplifier you should be able to supply a slightly snowy picture after 500 feet of RG6 depending on the launch power of the receiver.

Oops 3db/hundred is the loss at channel 13, it's only 1.5 db/hundred at channel 3 meaning bareback without an amp should work fine at 500 feet hooked directly to his TV.

Tate Satellites said:
It depends on what type of cable you are using. I have run RG6 which is standard up to around 300 feet.

I'm thinking the stuff I have is RG6 plus I have some stuff my friend gaving me when he use to work for the cable company. It is under ground cable.

Thanks,

BigJohn2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)