Cable question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

999-FINE

Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
I'm planning to take the plunge and upgrade my SD Directv DVR setup to HD. I currently have the SD D* receiver in my living room with a second TV in another room slaved via cable to the one receiver and controlled by an IR/RF remote . The cable run is approx. 100'.

What type of cable will I need to make a similar connection with the HD receiver and slaved set?

I'm planning to take the plunge and upgrade my SD Directv DVR setup to HD. I currently have the SD D* receiver in my living room with a second TV in another room slaved via cable to the one receiver and controlled by an IR/RF remote . The cable run is approx. 100'.

What type of cable will I need to make a similar connection with the HD receiver and slaved set?

You'll need a 2nd RG6 cable line ran, swept tested to at least 2200 if not 3g, with compression fittings on each ends. Do you have a multi-switch?

Thanks. I have two cables for the present set up. I don't have a switch now but it seems I might want to put one on to be able to view OTA when possible. Are there special requirements for the switch?

The HD receivers do NOT have a coax output on them, so your current set up will not work. The HD receivers have the following output connections: Composite x2, Component x1, HDMI x1.

Since you mentioned your current cable run is approx. 100', you might want to consider the wireless AV extenders that will take the composite output and transmit them to the slaved unit.

Otherwise, you may want to consider putting your SD DVR in the second location, at which point you will need to run your 2nd RG6 cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bought a plasma and have a question

Please help - fine tuning issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)