Cable really wants the satellite customers...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
Comcast has really been promoting their "Ditch the Dish" deal. $25 off the bill for 16 months, etc., etc...I didn't bit, but then I got a letter this past weekend offering Digital Cable, Digital Phone and Cable Modem/Internet for $79 a month for 12 months for all three services. Of course, this probably doubles or more in price after a year after the "deal" expires.

$79 a month for all three is tempting. Even if if you add in HD and a DVR it only goes up $15 to $94 ($104/month w/tax). Still cheap. I pay $82 a month for D* and another $75 for AT&T phone/DSL.

Is satellite and competition from other cable providers heating up?

I mean $79 is a great deal. Are D* and E* really eroding the cable base that much that they are offering up deals like this?

Ah, if the NFLST didn't keep me chained up...

I know I knock D* about their HD but they still have a much better HD package then my local Comcast. With my OTA, I have everything over Comcast except NESN HD. I like Sox and Bruins but not enough to ditch my configuration.

Brewer4 said:
I know I knock D* about their HD but they still have a much better HD package then my local Comcast. With my OTA, I have everything over Comcast except NESN HD. I like Sox and Bruins but not enough to ditch my configuration.

I'm not switching. Like I said, th NFLST keeps me in the house of D*.

However, with that being said, $79 for a bundled package is a very good deal.

It seems like we may have some major cable vs. satellite (and other cable providers) price wars starting.

Cable is hoping that the customer stays with them after seeing the savings that they get even after the prices rise. It is the hook to reel you in. They want to give you a good reason to switch over and figure they can keep you as a customer with the bundling. They probably want to do this now before Dish and Direct would start to do any bundling.

I wonder if Dish and Direct would start bundling WildBlue with the service that they offer now? I could see a lot of people biting at $39.99 a month. They really need to do something about that upfront cost too though.

Cox cable has been doing it here as well...offering their triple threat package
for $79 a month.
They were kicking butt.. until the customers got their first bill.
What they do not explain in great detail is....all service is basic
once you upgrade to a higher teir on any of the service ...
then its a whole new ball game.
Customers were getting a 250$ bill for upgrading their phone cable and internet to the higher tier.
We were getting alot of customers going back to satellite after word got out.

It is a great deal for senior citizens who really only need the very basic.

Last edited:
Hopefully in the future....DTV, will be able to offer some kind of high spped bundle also. As Having to pay 55 for internet (Through comcast) and 90 something for DTV....does make you wish a bundle thorugh DTV may happen hopefully one day....

Though in Michigan those comcast fake news report comericals are getting really old....and annoying

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)