Cable run for new second receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jjnemoiii

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
I woulds like to add a second receiver to my D* setup, is there a way to do this without running a new cable all the way to the dish? I never anticipated this in advance, and I burried the current cable in cement when I put the dish/pole in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What dish do you have? What receivers?

Well, you could install the SWMLine dish to use the one cable you buried. However, that dish won't work with older legacy receivers.

I believe it's the 5lnb dish, got it last Dec. has locals and HD channels. Receiver is H20, has ota rec. and HD, no DVR. Also, don't have a clue what swm is...

a SWMLine LNB along with the power inserter and 2 way swm splitter will work just fine.. you can try and request a free or discounted upgrade from D* or buy the equipment on your own. All you would have to do is swap the lnb and then install the splitter and power source at the rec.

You need to make sure your current receiver is SWM compatible. The easiest way is to find out is to look on the back of the receiver and see if it has "SWM 1" near the coax satellite in connection.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just cut the line and add a multiswitch?

I tried that once back when I had Dish Net. Used a splitter at the end of the line, hooked up two receivers. One receiver worked the same, second one could not get half of the channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts