Cable signal degradation through multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fryem

Original poster
Jan 1, 2005
Hi..

I'm running my cable signal into an eagle aspen multiswitch 5 x 8. I've noticed the signal does not look nearly as good as when I just plug the signal into the the back of the tv. Does the multiswitch degrade the cable signal?

Cable as in the Directv cable or cable as in Cable TV? With satellite, while a multiswitch may lower you reception strength, it will not lower the quality. A picture with a signal strength of 50 will look exactly like a picture with a signal strength of 100. It's either on or off.

Now with cable TV, if it's still analog cable, then yes, it probably will. My suggestion would be to either bypass the multiswitch or goto Radio Shack and get a powered signal enhancer.

No the satelite picture quality is fine. It's the cable signal. If I run the cable through the multiswitch the cable signal is not that good. If I bypass the multiswitch it's good.

fryem said:
No the satelite picture quality is fine. It's the cable signal. If I run the cable through the multiswitch the cable signal is not that good. If I bypass the multiswitch it's good.

In that case, yes. If your cable is still analog, then it could degrade your picture quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts