Cable vs. DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mlachnie

Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
We had DirecTV in our RV and cable in the house. When DirecTV offered a free dish and H20 I couldn't resist and signed up. What I found was that the cable picture was slightly better for both HD and SD. I thought a digital picture would be the same no matter what the source so why is there a difference?

While both DirecTV and cable have good pictures and would cost about the same for two HD PVRs and two SD recievers on a monthly basis, DirecTV wants $600 up front for a boxs I won't own so I'll probably stick with cable.

Last edited:
It's actually NO different than analog signals are - there are GOOD & BAD analog signals & there are GOOD & BAD digital signals.
You obviously bought into the myth that if something is DIGITAL, it's ALWAYS better. Just because something is analog does NOT mean it's bad & just because something is digital does NOT mean it's all good! You learned a new lesson today. :D

We had DirecTV in our RV and cable in the house. When DirecTV offered a free dish and H20 I couldn't resist and signed up. What I found was that the cable picture was slightly better for both HD and SD. I thought a digital picture would be the same no matter what the source so why is there a difference?

While both DirecTV and cable have good pictures and would cost about the same for two HD PVRs and two SD recievers on a monthly basis, DirecTV wants $600 up front for a boxs I won't own so I'll probably stick with cable.
If you have a good cable company that is compressing their signal less than D* and you are happier with their picture by all means subscribe to them. You are the person paying the bills so you should make yourself happy.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)