Cable vs. Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well in our area Comcast has gone to all digital. I am sure that most other cable companies will do the same in the future. So you will have to have a box at every tv. In our area that has made the average house cost about 70 for BASIC.

Ditto here when I had cable. Unless you had a converter box, all you got was basics - abc,nbc,cbs,fox,pbs, etc. When I had 2 HD DVRs w/ HBO and internet the bill was regularly over $130.00

Then they'd lose me as a customer real fast.

That's one of the only things tying me to cable. But I don't think digital only is going to happen here...I'd say about 75% of the cable subscribers are only basic analog.

The other thing that ties me to them is lack of DSL in my area...I get a discount on my internet access by being a cable subscriber.

Then they'd lose me as a customer real fast.

That's one of the only things tying me to cable. But I don't think digital only is going to happen here...I'd say about 75% of the cable subscribers are only basic analog.

The other thing that ties me to them is lack of DSL in my area...I get a discount on my internet access by being a cable subscriber.

We used to get the discount with the phone and internte but now they have discontinued that promotion. Besides the PQ on dish is far superior to what I was getting with Cox. Plus all of the dish channels are digital.

Digital doesn't mean a thing. Well, technically it does, but there's no advantage. I've seen digital channels that look worse because of compression than their analog equivilents.

I'd love to switch for more HD, as TW doesn't have much to offer, but it'd cost me about $50 more a month.

It's easy to make it so the duplicate local channels don't show up. Just add them to your locked out channels, then hide the locked channels.

I do this for the duplicate local channels, all of the shopping channels and all of the religious channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)