Cable vs DTV vs Echostar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
DirecTV Vs. EchoStar

EchoStar 08.16.04 6 00 AM ET A tempest is brewing in the world of U.S. pay television. Consider this In just ten years satellite TV providers like DirecTV and EchoStar Communications have grown their market share from zero to about a quarter of U.S. homes that pay for television. The cable industry has recently begun losing subscribers for the first time since it was born in the 1950s.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/2004/08/16/cx_al_0816mondaymatch.html

Just a tid-bit. The first subscription cable TV system is generally attributed to Scranton, PA in 1947. There are some other communities in Oregon that claim to have the first cable systems, but Scranton is widely accepted as being the first. It consisted of a Community Antenna (Thus the ableviation that still holds today for cable, CATV) pulling in channels from NYC and Philadelphia. Cable was not born in "the 50's".

See ya
Tony

I guess I am faster than the bot. We already had a thread on this article., I merged them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)