Cable's out --- OTA, Ku, Cband is in

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Shawn & Anole, there are 3 vhf stations that I'd like to receive, and since my old antenna is vhf/uhf, I thought I'd try it first. 45 miles max will get me what I want. Downside is Austin is North & San Antonio is South of me, but I'm getting both on one tv right now without a rotor on the antenna.
Anole, a/c is wonderful for ftaing, also sitting in my favorite chair helps too. I already know that a hd receiver is going to be high priority real soon for sports feeds.

I've actually thought about doing the same thing in Seattle. With a rooftop antenna, I can get ABC (KOMO), NBC (KING), CBS (KIRO), FOX (KCPQ), ION (KWPX), CW (KSTW), MyNetworkTV (KMYQ), and 2 PBS Stations (KCTS, KBTC), along with a few independent stations (KONG, KHCV).

Then there are all the new subchannels with the switch to DTV: Universal Sports, THIS TV, ION Life, Qubo, Create, RTN, and Accuweather.

That alone would rival a basic cable package, but to get a Ku-Band dish for the History Channel, Biography Channel, KTWO and KUIL, and a C-Band dish for Bloomberg, STO, BYU-TV, and A (Canadian TV Station), it really makes me wonder why I have cable.

BurlesonBlue, that's why I cut cable. There's plenty to watch out there, even though it's takes a little longer to pull channels up. I had to make a cheat sheet for my Gbox positions & satellite names. Hey, After watching STO, I might become a Cleveland Indians fan again. I haven't pulled for them since Bob Feller was there. Back in those days, we didn't have pro sports in Texas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts