Cablevision agrees to end Voom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
we have been in contact with our rep. they said hold off on all sales and installations we are in a hold pattern with anything with voom. they are getting back with us later on in the day. However all the retailers not being released from service. She also said there are many changes coming and the service for new customers and old customers will not change.... I hope Chuck has something up his sleeve. but it sounds like it to me he does.. just wish i knew more..

Just called a CSR and asked her about what was on the website and she confirmed the news about the service being discontinued on the 30th...but the said something VERY strange...she said "KEEP CHECKING the website for more information on what to do about future service..."

...now WHY would she stressed that? and I do mean she stressed checking the website in the future....

This just in from HDNews channel.....

On HDNews they're reporting also that the Cablevision board voted to shutdown Voom last night. This must be serious this time because they didn't report on anything about this issue from February up until now. They also said that the company may consider to sell the programming as a package.

What to do, what to do? I am lost now .. but I do believe this is the end. I may just go with the TimeWarner digital/hi def package, it is no worse than the satellite providers .. at least you dont have to buy the hd dvr, they offer a lease option. It is a sad day .. but not unexpected.

Looks like i'm going back to Mediacom's lackluster HD. They also have a leasable dual tuner dvr with i-guide.

this has been like a death watch, i am kind of glad there is some resolution at least. i am a consumer, not a techie like a lot of you .. but i enjoyed this forum and all the work every one does immensly .. best wishes to you guys.

and to the person with the upside down longhorn: HOOK 'EM :)

By the way...

What is going to become of the Voom forum? Can we still keep it up at least to let all of us know if the boxes stay active for Over-The-Air? Also, it could be a place where we all reminisce about the good-ole-days of Voom and HDTV. :)

I am gonna go to bed...(worked last night)...SEAN...I expect ONE LAST miracle from....somewhere and I know you will get it to us.....THANKS!

HD News on Channel 100 reported the shut down of Voom. Also said Charles Dolan is asking for ideas to keep the Voom programming going in other delivery forms.

BTW: Scott has been away from his computer for a while. Don't take his absence as anything other than not being available to post.

SEC Notice Filed ... Notice on voom.com ... no contrary notice on voomllc.com ...
Voom ends April 30th.

BTW2: The board reduction from 15 to 12 is to take place on April 18th ... the board on April 7th would be 15 members as reported.

JL

What about the leased transponders?

What is to become of the leased transponders on AMC-6? Are they gonna be sold off to some programmer or could they be used to facilitate the 21 channels of Voom to allow for Cable and satellite access to the channels?

Just spoke to a CSR also, he stated that they received a memo today, the 8th, at 9am that stated they will actually be shutting down at the end of April and that no new orders are allowed. I tried to upgrade to Va Va and was told that they could not even do that at this point. He didnt say anything about a transitional period. When I asked him about that rumor, he said, "You know, its all just speculation. We have been seeing new channels added every week so we think something is happening, but there is no official word other than the shutdown memo"

I will remain hopeful, but I am honestly worried that I may loose my VoOm. :(

SactoCal said:
I will remain hopeful, but I am honestly worried that I may loose my VoOm. :(

It is better to have Voomed and lost than never to have Voomed at all.

Let's enjoy it while we have it!

Last time they had this shutdown thing they played games by creating voomllc.com and still accpeting orders over the phone, but neither of that is happening this time, so I think this shut down is real.

I think I am going to cry =(. I think now that reality has set in and it looks like the inevitable is going to happpen, when voom goes I think I am going to stop watching TV permanetely. I may go to the local sports bar to watch my sports or watch a movie on dvd, but that is it. I just cant picture going back to any other service.

everyone needs to get a grip, its not the end of the world! i too love vooms hd but im not gonna lose sleep over this! charles did his best, and i give him alot of credit. also i say thx for showing us the future of tv! you are truley a visionary!

Just want to add my two cents here. I think its real unfortunate that a couple of senile people over at Cable's LackofVision are causing this to happen. I hope there is some plan in the works, but don't have my hopes too high. Lets face it, Cablevision sucks! Well maybe Charles Dolan has a plan where he'll provide his exclusive 21 HD channels to both cable and satellite providers.

FYI:
SatelliteGuys has been notified this morning that VOOM will be closing on April 30.
We are also asked to remove VOOM ads, which Scott is going to do later today.
The shutdown process is under way...
:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts