Cablevision agrees to end Voom

smeagal said:
wonder when we get a date? so we can switch over in time.
I hate to even ask the question already, but has anyone out there done their homework to determine what kind of deals for HD are out there for new customers (HD cable isn't available in my area)?

Wait a minute...what ever happened to that "meeting with all the installers"? I thought we were all getting new dishes, now this?
Did we ever find out what happened at this top secret, yet manditory, meeting?

I got My D hardware for $99 but they just have such a lack of HD , its why I went back to voom , this sucks I sure hope the other sat companys pick up some of the 21 voom channels.

All I can hope for is that Chuck tries again, on his terms. Maybe we'll have something else to look forward to in 12-18 months...unless he used AMC6 to start.

Wow, even Chuck voted to shut it down. :(

Well, I'm glad I had Voom. I will miss the La Liga games more than anything. Telling my son that we can't watch the games together anymore will be the hardest part...damn.

It sucks if this is, indeed, the end....I think it is time to move on...I am glad to see that Voom 21 will exists in some form and will be outlet in the future. This way not every employee will experience a layoff.

It has been fun but an official PR from Charles and Tom Dolan to subscribers will make it totally official. That is the least they can do for us.

Equipment?

Wonder what happens to the hardware we have?Do they try to reclaim useless equipment or just write it all off? The OTA tuners will still work because it worked before the box was even activated, and I would prefer to keep the OTA tuner because it is a newer gen tuner than my built in DTC-100, which I still use for my D* HD. Plus with only 40,000 out there it will probably become a collectors item like other limited edition things. We all need to just hope for some kind of last minute miracle, but if it doesn't happen we at least can say we were part of a visionary idea that was killed by the bean counters and the same mindset that said "I don't see any practical use for the Wright brother's aereoplane".

I'm not giving up until there is no signal. There may be more to the story.

Since VOOM 21 will be part of Rainbow Media's channels it isn't to far fetched that these channels could be uplinked to AMC-6 and available for residential purchase in addition to distribution to cable and satellite companies.

We also don't know what Dolan is thinking. Perhaps he is letting go of VOOM and will start something independent of CableVision. Some of the VOOM assets are probably still for sale and it is only the name that isn't for sale.

The news release states that cablevison agrees to shut down VOOM. Nothing new thats what they wanted. However, this does not mean the satellite service is going dark. It also states no more agreements are to be conducted, again nothing new, cablevision would be liable for these, does not mean the service is going dark. All this states is cablevision has washed its hands of VOOM, and it wants out of the liability. To many plans in the works for a company going dark.

Sean Mota said:
It sucks if this is, indeed, the end....I think it is time to move on...I am glad to see that Voom 21 will exists in some form and will be outlet in the future. This way not every employee will experience a layoff.

It has been fun but an official PR from Charles and Tom Dolan to subscribers will make it totally official. That is the least they can do for us.

Agree Sean hopefully Charles and Tom will give us some official word tomm if not it's a slap in the face to everyone of us who have supported this company.

mudpup2003 said:
The news release states that cablevison agrees to shut down VOOM. Nothing new thats what they wanted. However, this does not mean the satellite service is going dark. It also states no more agreements are to be conducted, again nothing new, cablevision would be liable for these, does not mean the service is going dark. All this states is cablevision has washed its hands of VOOM, and it wants out of the liability. To many plans in the works for a company going dark.

If there were more in the works, wouldn't we be watching WGN right now?

SO now I know why Sean is headed for the dark side :p. I suppose I will signup for their 7 HD channels too.:(

mudpup2003 said:

I agree. We all new that Cablevision would get out of VOOM as soon as they could. Voom could shut down to re-open as VOOM LLC. I'll wait for the web page to come down and the signal to go before I buy to far into this. Maybe in the next day or two Scott or Sean can turn up some information.

Jamey K said:
I agree. We all new that Cablevision would get out of VOOM as soon as they could. Voom could shut down to re-open as VOOM LLC. I'll wait for the web page to come down and the signal to go before I buy to far into this. Maybe in the next day or two Scott or Sean can turn up some information.
Right ON JAMEY..Right on

The last we heard from Scott....... YouWhooooo...

he said he KNEW that there was a plan to keep VOOM going....

Are you out there Scott? Do you still feel the same way? or...?

*sometimes silence is golden*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)