Cablevision agrees to end Voom

Well i still say they are not going any where i am with mudpup on this one.

tyork

With out going to much farther into anything, just remember back when the last deadline passed, CV shut off voom right away. However this time, operational as normal. CV has been headset against VOOM from the start. The name we have come acustom too, "well that might change" but the satellite service is..... well thats enough. TYORK thanks for the agreement on that....

bringing VOOM to one house at a time

mudpup2003 said:
We will keep on VOOMING.......

To me it is kind of sad to watch you guys in denial like this. The board voted 15-0 to end VOOM tonight. It is a fact. VOOM, as we know it, is done. The only hope you have is if your Cable/DBS company picks up the VOOM exclusives that will be offered to other companies. Except for an official shutdown date the service is over. Sad to all of us, but true.

salsadancer7 said:
WOW...!! I just logged in to see this.....my head is saying give up, but my heart won't let it.....
I couldn't have said it better... (on page 1, I had no words, only smilies)

Okay, i am not just a customer, i am a retailer. My company is in no worries about this. VOOM is the only satellite service we retail and install. Do you think i would not watch closely the fate of my business.

I don't trust journalists on this matter, they have all been itching for voOm's demise since the start. I'll wait for official word, and even then I won't believe it till the signal stops.

Until then, I'll keep enjoying my VaVaVoOm :D

I have lived in the Newsday area for 40 years now. I have read Newsday constantly, and they would not report a bogus story. This is not the NY Post that always has a bunch of nonsense. I know this Harry Berkowitz (Newsday writer) very well. He would not print this if it was not true.

Once again, the board voted to end VOOM tonight 15-0. It is just a matter of when it officially closes down.

I bet you other media outlets will confirm this tommorrow.

and Dan Rather never leaked out a story without all the facts either .....come on now..probably some disgruntled cablevision employee either got fired or about to.

Voom's been declared dead before, on their own website no less. I think all the hopeful are saying is let's wait until it actually goes black this time around.

This Newsday story could be 100% accurate and still not spell the end of Voom in some shape or form. Then again, the writing may be on the wall for good this time. Let's just see, eh?

I am not going to argue the facts, however the board voted last time. YEP that got them far. CV wants out, we have all known this. Well CV is out, about time... does that mean VOom is gone????? the birds still fly and the signal still falls.... that is all i will say

Everybody is entitled to have hope if they wish. However, I think they are just postponing the envitable.

Lucky said:
To me it is kind of sad to watch you guys in denial like this.
A lot of people said the same thing when we were speculating whether we'd even be able to see the Super Bowl. Then when the webpage 'shut down'. Then when the March 31 date was announced. Then...

Now, more than ever, I believe this is the end of Voom. I truly do. But things have looked pretty grave in the past, and the signal still hasn't gone dead.

I do honestly believe this is the end. But with what Charles has pulled off so far, it is certainly POSSIBLE that there's still something up his sleeve. I think the odds of winning the lottery are about the same as Voom surviving at this point, but there's a CHANCE.

Looks like I'll spend the weekend researching my options with Dish and DirectTV... (no HD cable in my area)

I'm headed to bed to cry myself to sleep...

exacly my point it(the website) was shutdown without warning ...so why is still up now.....i agree it will be with us either as voom or some other name... something is up ..we got no emails from voom corp on this at all .. i think the retailers would get so letter.... saying you know i tried but it didnt work out sorry---- chuck...... recieved nothing along those lines at all..

Signal will only fall as long as the programmers get paid.

SatBizNews reported on Monday CV told VOOM they were no longer authorized to enter into contracts or other financial commitments. They repeated that on Wednesday.

Lucky said:
Everybody is entitled to have hope if they wish. However, I think they are just postponing the envitable.

This article may in fact be true Lucky, but we've seen a lot of other articles like this in the recent past, so forgive those of us who look upon this with a skeptical eye. Considering all that has happened with voOm, I don't think it is surprising that some of us still have hope that voOm will survive one way or another.

cappy29 said:
So your saying you think voom won't shutdown. :no

yeah that is what i am saying , i think they may just change the name, I am 100% with mudpup on this.

t