Cablevision Chairman To Use Cash, Stock To Fund Voom

danielle_s said:
he knows Ergen is not just going to give him the bird back unless Dolan is willing to pay an arm & leg for it. That doesn't make sense in my opinion and I'm sure your willing to agree with me. I see this more as a lease agreement than a buy back.

When I first heard about them meeting that was my impression as well. AMC6 was said to be needed to add channels anyway so a complete move to it would not change the plan much. The problem is that Dolan needs Rainbow 1 for a few(several?) months for a transition to AMC6. It has plenty of capacity to meet their current plans so he really doesn't have to purchase Rainbow 1.

justalurker said:
Then giving extra credence based on your 'sources' seems to be out of line. It doesn't seem like you've quoted anything 'internal' that wasn't already in the groups. (Not saying that's a bad thing.)

People can believe me or not believe me. I'm not here to prove my status or relationship to the situation, or to reveal my official capacity.

I do know some things that others in this forum do not. But when there are things I don't know about, I state that too. If people are skeptical of my claims so be it. I can't blame them, because they don't know who I am.

niceprophet said:
I do know some things that others in this forum do not. But when there are things I don't know about, I state that too. If people are skeptical of my claims so be it. I can't blame them, because they don't know who I am.

Ok, you have my interest. Reveal what you can when you can, and I'll take your word on it. I hope you are Chuck Dolan.

ja

Jamey K...now would that be a miracle or what???? :D :D

I still believe in miracles...speak on! I'm listening too, niceprophet!...and am sure we're not alone! Time and actions will tell the tale on the authenticity of all posters' opinions, guesses, or speculations... :) Vicki

niceprophet said:
People can believe me or not believe me. I'm not here to prove my status or relationship to the situation, or to reveal my official capacity.
Me neither. Say something positive about Voom and you will be taken as a god. Say something negative and you will be taken as a devil. Tell the truth and few will know how to take it - unless they already regard you as a god or a devil. But do keep posting.

JL

Vicki said:
Jamey K...Time and actions will tell the tale on the authenticity of all posters' opinions, guesses, or speculations... [/B] :) Vicki

Very true words.. hope you install goes off this week.

That filing was basically a security deposit from Chuck of up to $10M to pay for the costs of operating Voom over and beyond what the costs would have been to CVC had it shut Voom down. The entire purpose of that deposit - and the board's extension was to allow Chuck and Tom the ***TIME*** to work out the details for the purchase of Voom.
Then show us your proof of this. You are saying things (and claiming them as a fact) with NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to back it up. I have said things (and claimed them as my OPINION) with public information to back it up.

The Rickster

Rick, I'm done arguing... I gave you the internal memo as proof. If you don't accept that, then I can't help you. And I have told you repeatedly that I know more which I'm not allowed to say. I'm sorry, I can't prove it to you.

Jamey K said:
Ok, you have my interest. Reveal what you can when you can, and I'll take your word on it. I hope you are Chuck Dolan.

ja

I sure hope also. :D

By the ways guys and gals which way is AMC6 to the Voom Dish left or right :confused:

Rick, I'm done arguing... I gave you the internal memo as proof. If you don't accept that, then I can't help you. And I have told you repeatedly that I know more which I'm not allowed to say. I'm sorry, I can't prove it to you.
Well there you have it. No public information supporting what you're claiming as fact. Although I'd love to believe ya I wouldn't be investing my own money based on what you've provided around here.

The Rickster

Great :) We've finally come to the point that I made like 2 weeks ago now... There is no "public" proof either way that they have funding or don't have funding... There was plenty of speculation that they don't have it. I have contradicted that with an internal memo (which was not even originally posted here by me), and other information I have from a good source. Believe it or don't believe it, it's up to all of you.

But I'm not necessarily wrong because I have "failed to PROVE my case." I don't have to prove anything.

Thank you to all who have thanked me for revealing what I know. Suffice to say, I am still slightly pessimistic about Voom's chances. I am still convinced the funding is in place, but that the legalities and logistics are massive and perhaps insurmountable. This is Chuck's dream, if he could make this happen with shear willpower alone, it would be a done deal. Would I be surprised if he could pull a last minute rabbit out of his hat, and get the deal done? No. Chuck is great at that.

The problem is that there are maybe 7 or 8 people in the world who know that now, and none of them are on this message board, and none of them are talking publically right now.

So... we sit and wait.

Honestly, I'm still wondering what the heck you've been arguing with me about all this time. You have been trying to convince me you are correct. I have been trying to explain to you why I have my opinion. People can believe whatever it is they want to believe. In the end, someone will be right and someone will be wrong.

The Rickster

Apparently you're the only one on this thread having trouble understanding me. And yes, time will tell.

Hmm...

Still more public information pointing towards them having difficulties obtaining funding. This was posted elsewhere on Satellite Guys:

"Attached is the latest edition of FaxUpdate, 25 March 2005, for your edification. This article is being posted on the VOOM Forum with permission from the fine professionals at Satellite Business News - please obey all copyrights.

Anyway, the key points of the article are, "Cablevision founder Chuck Dolan has made little progress in lining up funding or cutting a deal with EchoStar Communications for satellite capacity for the VOOM DBS service" - "Dolan has also been trying to line up new investors in VOOM, but has found little interest" and "Several sources said they would not be surprised if Dolan asks the board next week for another 30 or 60-day extension, and pledge more of his own assets or Cablevision stock to fund the company"

I did not attach the FaxUpdate.

The Rickster

Dolan is going to keep funding Voom.

Cablevision Systems Corp. (CVC) Chairman Charles Dolan, in a further sign that he is determined to keep his Voom satellite service operating, has told the Federal Communications Commission that he is in the process of making a $400 million personal commitment to the business, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/30/technology/cablevisions_dolan.dj/

This hopefully means Voom will stay business as usual and release the DVR in the near future.

Dolan is going to keep funding Voom.

Cablevision Systems Corp. (CVC) Chairman Charles Dolan, in a further sign that he is determined to keep his Voom satellite service operating, has told the Federal Communications Commission that he is in the process of making a $400 million personal commitment to the business, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/30/technology/cablevisions_dolan.dj/

This hopefully means Voom will stay business as usual and release the DVR in the near future.

He's right, no matter you don't like it. He doesn't have to prove anything for anybody. It's your call to believe his word or not but that's it.

Home Video News

VOOM Gets Large Investment
Thursday, March 31 @ 12:30:00 PST

Cablevision chairman Charles Dolan told FCC officials that he would personally put a $400M stake in the struggling satellite service.

"Everyone who follows the VOOM story knows that Cablevision chairman Charles Dolan looks at the HDTV satellite service as his own pet project. Now Dolan reportedly is really putting his money where his mouth is. Dolan told FCC officials that he will make a $400,000,000 personal commitment to save the struggling satellite provider and Cablevision has plans to raise even more money to keep the project afloat. The catch is that Dolan wants the FCC to nix the deal that would have sold VOOM’s satellites to Dish Network."

Sooo what exactly are the facts at this point in time?

I would love for someone to post the facts for all to catch up on.

Spectulation being quite fun and all aside, perhaps we could have a recap of the current score card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)