[CABLEVISION] Recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iorp

Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
Is there anything that I can purchase to record programs from IO? I am getting rid of my VCR b/c it is eating up tapes and am looking for maybe a DVR, but I don't want the monthly fees.

You could always buy another VCR for $50. A DVD recorder with built in hard drive is an option that would run $300 and up. I have the DVR from Cablevision and love it. The box rental is the same as a regular box, but yes, there is the additional $10 monthly DVR fee. However, if you have HDTV it's a must. It records HDTV, which no other box out there now can do. It also allows you to record two things at the same time. You not shelling out any upfront money and can get rid of it if you don't like it, plus if it breaks you just swap it for a new one free of charge.

If you don't want the monthly fee the only thing I can think of is getting Tivo and paying the life time product fee.

TiVo actually just got rid of their lifetime option but I think if you buy it in a store like Best Buy you can still get lifetime until April 15th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)