Cablevision trying to hold onto customers

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Fios is now available to me in Brooklyn NY. I called Cablevision and asked them why I should stay with them. They put me to the retention dep't. They took $30 off my bill for one year to keep me. This is still a little cheaper than verizon fios is offering right now. Competiton is great for the consumer!

I would not switch because in the long run it would cost more money. Rememember fios charges extrea for HD plus all those extra taxes and fees they add on to your bill!!!

I would not switch because in the long run it would cost more money. Rememember fios charges extrea for HD plus all those extra taxes and fees they add on to your bill!!!

One of the reasons, I stayed away from Verizon phone bill is that my bill for just basic telephone was $30/mth but on top of that they added another $25 in taxes. I think even the dog that sits in from of city hall collected taxes and fees from me for such a long time until I've got the phone from CV. Everyone talks about how great Fios is but it is the taxes that they charged under verizon that I despised.

My FIOS phone line only has $13.50 extra in FCC line charge and taxes on it. No idea where the $25 in taxes comes from unless NYC adds on another local tax. My phone is $25/month plus the above taxes with the FIOS Double Freedom Bundle (FIOS Internet & Phone), internet $54.99 for my 20/20 Mbps.

Some of the fees for a POTS line wouldn't apply to VOIP, but the $13.50 is very high compared others(VOIP). That'll eat up your savings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)